Post edited by rlw on

Comments

• tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I can't afford your polks just wanted to say:

Yeah! Another Buckeye on the forum!

I've noticed a few Ohioans on the forum the last couple of weeks/days... I'm in Columbus from NW Ohio originally.

good luck with the sale!
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited May 2003
    Options
    rlw,
    If you have a price in mind, give it. This isn't ebay and we don't do the bidding thing here as was decided on a few months back when several people "took offers" then never sold. Good luck.....
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • har_navalta
    har_navalta Posts: 957
    edited May 2003
    Options
    rlw,

Do you have extra feet, grille that you can part to me. I need some (4) feet and (one) grille. If you have some I will buy it.

Har
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Wish I could afford them, I can't even afford to **** since the i.r.s. has froze my refund to do a flippin audit.:mad:
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • rlw
    rlw Posts: 231
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by brettw22
    rlw,
    If you have a price in mind, give it. This isn't ebay and we don't do the bidding thing here as was decided on a few months back when several people "took offers" then never sold. Good luck.....

Sorry, no offense of your fine sensibilities intended.

Since I don't have a price in mind, I guess I'll just work on selling them elsewhere.

Once again, my apologies.
  • brettw22
    edited May 2003
    Options
    rlw,
    Sorry if that came off as short. There is only one.......well.....two people that get the intentional shortness. We have had a LOT of people that have indicated that they were looking to sell only to back out for whatever their reasoning.

I don't get it though.......how are you going to sell them elsewhere if you have no idea what you're looking to get for them? That seems kinda odd to me. Even if you put them on Ebay or Audiogon, you have to have *SOME* thought in your head as to what you want........no?

If not, I'll give ya a buck.......;)
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited May 2003
    Options
    RLW - Standby bud, we can get a rough market price for you.

F1NUT - Are you able to look for a market value on SRT's in Audiogon???

Raife/ Har ???? Thoughts??

:)

The forum will help you, just hold tight.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Robert.Petersen
    Robert.Petersen Posts: 9
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Hi,
    I've bought 3 SRT systems over the last year of varying combinations:

Combo one:
    (2) SRT fronts w/Subs & electronics
    (1) SRT Center channel
    Total: $2500

Combo two:
    (2) SRT fronts (no subs) & electronics
    (1) SRT Center channel
    Total: $3400

Combo three:
    (1) SRT Center channel
    (2) SRT Ls f/x surround
    Total: $2900

Shipping has varied from $300 to $500.

What combination do you have for sale? I would be interested in getting another system.

Thanks,
    Bob
  • har_navalta
    har_navalta Posts: 957
    edited May 2003
    Options
    3 pairs of SRT's......WOW! and still looking for more?
    I want to see a pic of these SRT's you have?

One System of SRT is enough for me:) So far I love my Polk
    Vintage Collections.

Har
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Now we know the "Black Hole" of SRT's has been identified, you know have a cohort Har ;)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Robert.Petersen
    Robert.Petersen Posts: 9
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I am building them INTO my new house. I say INTO because I am actually hiding them in the walls, being very careful to not impede the sonic distribution.

I even poured concrete into the walls around them to "try" and prevent the neighbors from hearing too much.

The house will be finished in 2~3 months and I will post the pictures both covered and uncovered:

Living room setup as "pure" music. 2 SRTs in front and only 2 rear monopole effects for DSP music effects only. Will never be used for video.

Theatre setup as 7.1. SRT fronts and center, FX1000 sides, (2) SRT centers in the rear - BUT if I can get another set of SRT fronts, then I'll set them up in the back instead of the (2) SRT centers and finally have the "Seismic" system that is on the Polk web pages.

Family room setup as 7.1, pretty normal SRT fronts, FX1000 sides, (2) RT55is rears. Currently looking for (2) more RT55is for the center front.

My wife said something about mid-life crisis? I'll take this over a sports car any day!!!

-Bob
  • wcj56
    wcj56 Posts: 18
    edited May 2003
    Options
    He has also indicated that local pickup is the only option and $1250 was too low. He has failed to give much info so I dont know how he could expect a quality bid. I would love to have a second pair but I dont think this is them.
  • wcj56
    wcj56 Posts: 18
    edited May 2003
    Options
    They are now on Audiogon for $3200. Still no boxes or shipping that is a little high I think. Compared to what Robert Petersen paid. I paid $6k for mine but that was over five years ago. I would like another pair of towers but that is way too high for me. Rich:confused:
  • brettw22
    edited May 2003
    Options
    If that's rlw that has posted them, I think that's funny for him to come up with a price when he couldn't have done that here as I had requested.........humorous.
  • dthomps
    dthomps Posts: 352
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Wow, look sold.
    Maybe he wasn't asking too much.