Polk Momo 465 Components in 92 Civic

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited December 2001 in Car Audio & Electronics
I was wondering if there was any modifications needed to fit the 6.5" midbass driver into the doors. I have the Infinity Reference series 6.5" coaxials in there right now and I cut the factory basket down in order to get those in. Would the midbass driver interfere with the window and also would I need to shave the factory basket down to just the ring? Thanks.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Systems
    edited December 2001
    Also, I was planning on running one Momo 12 off of the Nakamichi PA-1002, giving it almost to 400Watts bridged. Would this be enough power?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited December 2001
    Thanks for your help Kim!

I have another question:

I currently have the Alpine 7875 headunit right now which pushes 60Watts x 4 (approx. 30Watts RMS/channel). When I get the Polk Momo components, I won't have an amp for them yet, so would it be okay to power the Momo's off of the headunit? I don't listen to my music too loud, but I'm afraid it might not be able to reach moderate listening levels if I do not have an amplifer to the components. Thanks.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • blu_viper
    blu_viper Posts: 18
    edited December 2001
    i would not suggest doing that, i don't know what kim will have to say about it though but if you turn up you reciever than you will distort the subs some also it will draw power from everything and you probably won't be able to hear it hardly at all i would suggest getting all of your components hooked up and then buy an amp for them if your reciever doesn't do the job and then going out and buying an amp for the subs and getting them all hooked up
  • Systems
    edited December 2001
    How does running the components off my headunit distort the subs? =P The two subs will probably be powered off either the Nakamichi PA-1002 or the MTX Thunder6500D. I'm just worried that 30Watts RMS might not be enough power for the components.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing