extra drivers

Options
am_dragon
am_dragon Posts: 4
edited September 2008 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
We moved recently and the moving company managed to ruin a pair of RTi 70 speakers. The cabinets were both damaged badly and one tweeter was ruined. I replaced them with a nice set of RTi A7 and that was a big upgrade as far as I can tell.

So now I have 4 drivers and 1 tweeter, plus the crossovers from both speakers. Any suggestions?

If it's not worth while to try an make a pair (or couple pair) of bookshelf speakers out of them then what would be the best way to store them for use as replacement drivers for the RTi 38's and CSi400(i think that's the model)?
Post edited by am_dragon on

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Sorry to hear about that. Where did you move to?
    Bump this in a couple days. If you are good with cabinetry I may have some ideas. You could sell the drivers too.
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ShinAce
    ShinAce Posts: 1,194
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Storage, in a box with silica gel.

I say use them, make that set of bookshelves. Ben or myself could design the crossover for you and list the parts.
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited September 2008
    Options
    If they are the same drivers and tweeter that are in the CSi400, I'd be interested. A little shipping problem on a recent purchse of mine caused the need.
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited September 2008
    Options
    With four woofers and a single tweeter, that sounds perfect for a center channel; and an awesomely large one at that!
  • am_dragon
    am_dragon Posts: 4
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I don't really need a center, I could buy another tweeter to make a pair, or 3 tweeters and make 2 pair of bookshelves. These were all ported speakers so will the new cabinets need to be ported? How do I find out what the correct dimensions are for the cabinets? How much does it cost generally to make a crossover and more importantly the cabinets?

I'm not sure how much the drivers are worth and what kind of money would be worthwhile to put into the speakers.

The CSi40, and RTi38's appear have the same drivers and tweeters that I pulled out of the RTi70's.

Thanks for the advice / opinions.