Need Help W/my PSW-202

Options
I have recently added a PSW-202 to my system. It is wired per instructions from Polk customer service. The front channel speakers (RT 35) are wired through the subwoofer from a Kenwood VR-307 Tuner/Amp. I can barely get any bass through the sub without getting crackling and popping. I have adjusted the volume, et al on the sub, the bass output on the tuner, doublechecked the system set-up on the tuner and I can't seem to get any bass w/o the crackling. I get better results turning the sub off and cranking the RT 35's.

If you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them.

Thanks
Post edited by galebud on

Comments

• dlew308
    dlew308 Posts: 530
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Did you set your mains to "large" ?
  • galebud
    galebud Posts: 2
    edited May 2003
    Options
    They automatically go to large when you set Sub to "no" (not using the sub out)
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Try unwiring your mains and playing the same source music through the sub only. Make sure your filter(crossover) is turned all the way up. If you still have the popping, then check your wires that feed your signal to the sub. You may have a short.

I would get the sub close to the amp(Kenwood), jumper a short pair of known good wire, and work from there.

Keep us updated and we will help you further.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,041
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Why would you need to wire your sub with your 35? Just use a sub cable, and crank away! Do it the Club Polk way!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dlew308
    dlew308 Posts: 530
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Plugin a rca from lfe out to the sub and see if u get any bass

i have my 6005 mains going thru the psw202, works fine that way for me.