SDA effect

Options
rs159
rs159 Posts: 1,027
edited May 2003 in Speakers
Ok, a retarded question, but how does the SDA effect work?
Post edited by rs159 on

Comments

• jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited May 2003
    Options
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Rs, if you want, email me your addy, I'll send you Polk's white paper on SDA Technology. GREAT read.

And yes Tour, yours is headed out WITH a cd or two, the damn thing has been on the fritz.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • rs159
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Russ, YGM.

If you want to scan it and just email it, that's OK too,

rs159@earthlink.net
  • rs159
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Bump.

RUSS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Dude, its going in the mail. Don't start acting like MX.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • rs159
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Sorry, just didn't know. I hate uncertainty.
  • rmh1
    rmh1 Posts: 9
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I just wish Polk would bring back a SDA speaker. With todays's technology combined with the Polk SDA proven tranported-to-a-higher-plane sound stage would be enough for me to sell my 1.2's and purchase.

Speaking of the 1.2's, maybe I shouldn't but I will anyway, go back and re-read the SDA article listed in the above link. Having that in mind, imagine setting a quality pair of rear speakers. Next, throw in a Yamaha surround sound processor. I say Yamaha because they are the only ones who went to incredeble sound halls all over the world and recorded actual sound presence of that hall. Then set the digital model of the halls into the processor such that the hall can be vitually re-created in your home.

Now imagine taking something like Eagles Hell Freezes Over DTS true four channel recording. Now we jack it through the Yamaha digital recreation of a concert hall and output to the SDA SRS 1.2's and rear surround. The effect is absolutely unlike ANYTHING you have ever experianced!!!!!!!!!

I simply wish this on everyone and is why Polk should truely consider bringing back the SDA in some form.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    Dude, its going in the mail. Don't start acting like MX.

WTH does that mean?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2003
    Options