4 GNX124's

Options
playmaka_9
playmaka_9 Posts: 2
edited May 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I GOT 4 GNX124 SUBS AND I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO MOUTN THEM INTO A NICE FIBERGLASS BOX. I WANT TO PUT THEM IN THE NEW CAR I AM GETTING BUT I AM NOT SURE WHAT KIND I AM GETTING I HAVE SEEN THE HONDA DONE BY THE GUYS FROM ALPINE SO I KNOW IF THEY CAN SQUEEZE 2 10'S, 12'S AND 15'S I CAN SQUEEZE IN 4 12'S IN ANY SIZE CAR. FOR THOSE WHO HAVENT SEEN IT AND WANT TO JUST PICK UP A MOBILE ENTERTAINMENT FROM APRIL/MAY THIS YEAR OR THE MAY CAR AUDIO AND ELECTRONICS. i KNOW i HAVE TO PLACE THEM SIDE BY SIDE BUT I DONT WANT TO GO ANYWHERE TO GET THE FIBERGLASS WORK DONE. I AM A TRUE DO IT YORU SELFER BUT HAVE NEVER WORKED WITH GLASS BEFORE. I ALSO WANT TO MAKE IT SO THAT THE FLOOR IS MADE OF PLAEXGLASS WITH A TRAP DOOR IN IT SO I CAN STILL GET THE SPARE TIRE OUT AND POSSIBLY TRICK OUT THE PLEXIED AREA WITH NEON LIGHTS. wHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK. DO YOU THINK THIS IS SOME THAT IS POSSIBLE FOR ME TO DO OR SHOULD I GET A PRO TO DO IT.
Post edited by playmaka_9 on

Comments

• Keske944
    Keske944 Posts: 134
    edited May 2003
    Options
    For what you are lookiong at doing I would sugget a pro to do it espically since you have never worked with fibergalss before. If you want to start working with glass start with something smaller and not so involved. It will save you a lot of time and heartbreak in the future. Also, you said you wanted to do a "trap door" are you talking about doing one in the box? If so what kind of box are you planning on building? Sealed, ported, bandpass, or what? If you build a trapdoor into the box you are going to need to do some serious thinking about how you want it to sound. You are going to need to make sure that door is either sealed or secured so it dosn't rattle.

I still suggest a pro to do it. It will cost some money but I believe that the final product will be worth it in the long run.

Adam Keske
    Patience... patience...

Screw patience... Crank the volume and floor it you panzie.