Recommendations anyone...

Options
Grimster74
Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
edited May 2003 in Speakers
Here's my situation, from my profile below you should be able to tell I'm seroius about my H/T setup, I know its not B&K but my wife won't allow me to be that serious. But my question is, I'm interested in replacing my surrounds and rear surrounds. I'm currently using the speakers that came with my RM6600 satellite system I purchased a couple of years ago. Believe me, it's loud, but I know it could transition better across the rear of the room. So I guess what I am asking, does anyone out there have any recommendations on what POLK speakers I should purchase, should I go with a pair of dipole/bipole, a pair of bookshelf etc. I guess I just want to know what would transition best in the family room which is 24x24x8 (width, depth, height) And just in case someone needs to know the receiver is 110 watts x7. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
Post edited by Grimster74 on

Comments

• jkratzer
    jkratzer Posts: 148
    edited May 2003
    Options
    My recommendation would be RTi38's for L/R surround and RTi28's for rear surround. These would timbre match your CSi40 and RTi70's perfectly.

Instead of RTi38's you could substitute FXi50's if you like dipole speakers.

My $0.02.
    My 7.1 setup consists of:
    Denon 3803
    Panasonic DVD
    RTi70s front
    CSi40 front center
    RTi28s side surround
    FXi30s back surround
    PSW202 Subwoofer - Hey, it's my first sub!
    RCA 46" 4:3 RPTV