New Psw450

Options
Hey
I posted a post the other day about whether or not i should upgrade my 303 to a 404. Well not only did i do that, but i went to the 450. Can we say "awesome"? I am in love with it. Loud but very crisp at the same time. How long does it take to break in? And what kind of tweakingshould i do. Thanks
Jeff
Post edited by swbtgiants on

Comments

• GuitarheadCA
    GuitarheadCA Posts: 400
    edited May 2003
    Options
    The most common and easiest method of tweeking is placement. Don't be shy to try moving it around, corner to corner, even out of the corners and into any other niches. Another placement strategy (although often not easy) is to put the subwoofer exactly where you sit, ear level and all. Then crawl around on the floor until you find a spot where it sounds the loudest/clearest, and move the sub to THAT spot.

Other things that can be tried are putting the sub on a slate of concrete, putting carpet spikes on the bottom of the sub, or putting weights on top for dampening purposes. Try what you feel like, but stop when you're satisfied.

Also, feel free to play with the phase switch, one position will most likely sound louder than another, and that's the position you want. Same with volume, there's no RIGHT way, just adjust it untill you like it.

Oh, and break in.... make sure it's seen about 10-20 hours of play time (maybe more) before you try to really push it.

Good luck, and enjoy your new sub!

Guitarhead