Better Tweeters or Drivers ?

Options
DiscoMike
DiscoMike Posts: 114
edited September 2008 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Are people happy with their tweeters, or has anyone replaced their PA tweets or drivers with other tweets or drivers outside of Polk with better results ?

I heard people talking about Viva Tweeters, but have not heard anything solid whether they thought it sounded better. Here is one example:
http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=153&products_id=8402

I am quite happy with the sound of my PA Speakers, but I am always looking for ways to improve the sound.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks much !

Disco Mike
Post edited by DiscoMike on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,856
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I know that tweeters, drivers and passive radiators without holes in the surrounds from your cat like the pair of 1C's you sold RT1 certainly work better.

Did you think we'd forget!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Ouch!
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Bam !!!

I recall that thread now. :rolleyes:
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I did a side by side comparison of the vifa with the sl2000 and the sl2000 won hands down because of its clarity and detail.

The sl2000 also beat out the rd0194 and the sl3000 in side by side comparisons. The sl3000 came the closest to having the clarity and detail of the sl2000.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I did a side by side comparison of the vifa with the sl2000 and the sl2000 won hands down because of its clarity and detail.
    Was the crossover adjusted for the different tweeter?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • candyliquor35m
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Face wrote: »
    Was the crossover adjusted for the different tweeter?

No it didn't need to be because the vifa didn't have enough clarity or detail to warrant a x-over mod. I don't know if I would go as far as calling it dull and lifeless which was my impression of the rd0194 but it did remind me of the rd0194.
  • F1nut
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Carl, you are a complete disgrace to this fine forum. The guy RIPPED OFF a Polkie, what part of that don't you understand!?!

You should ban yourself since no one else seems willing to do it. I honestly don't know how you can live with yourself with all the BS you post. I mean, any normal person would put their tail between their legs and disappear in shame.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• candyliquor35m
    edited September 2008
    Options
    roflol. I am not a mod so I don't decide who ripped off who or who should be banned.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showpost.php?p=906127&postcount=96
  • george daniel
    edited September 2008
    Options
  • F1nut
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Thanks again carl for proving my point that you are a complete and utter disgrace to Polk Audio and Club Polk.

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Nice catch F1....

DM and CL35...may your d!cks wither up and fall off.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • candyliquor35m
    edited September 2008
    Options
    roflol

Reported.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Sorry Carl, I forgot...you were born without one.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Later Disco
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Mike,

Look Disco Duck, you sold me a set of 1C's and failed to disclose that every driver including the passives had holes in them from your cat.

You failed to respond to any attempt at PM or e-mail.

You failed to respond to the public thread.

You are a failure.

RT1
  • george daniel
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I remember that Ted,, why,, after that,, would he even think of posting here again? I guess some people just don't get it. DM,, :( you are a bad,bad man.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)