csi 20 vs csi 30?

Options
jerryez
jerryez Posts: 17
edited May 2003 in Speakers
I have csi 20 center speaker and r15 rear speakers and rt35 front speakers. I was thinking of upgrading to csi 30 on the center speaker. Does anyone think the improvement from 20's to 30's would be worth the trouble.

Thanks
jerry
Post edited by jerryez on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Yes, it (the 30) will better-match your front stage. The 20 will match your rears, should you want to go 6.1. It won't be seemless front to rear, but probably close enough for movies.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited May 2003
    Options
    The tweeters are a little different, but should not be that dramatic. HT will have most of your information coming from the center anyhow, and the CSi30 is much more capable than the CSi20.

Well worth the upgrade, if you are Ebay bound I would shell out some extra for the CSi40. I intend on getting the 40 and moving the 30 into rear surround duty.

Good luck and keep us posted. :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • jerryez
    jerryez Posts: 17
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate your input.
    jerry