Sorry for being a rule breaker - great vintage polk speakers for great price

benzlo
benzlo Posts: 28
edited September 2008 in Speakers
Hello,

I apologize for breaking the rules but I would rather have these speakers go to someone who truly appreciates them than anyone else and the prices are great.

I don't have 25 posts yet and these speakers will be gone before I do. I don't know how else to make the polk forum aware of these?

Polk RTA 12's? in near mint condition. Peerless tweeter. With original stands. $250. I love the sound of these speakers!

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ele/830356099.html

Polk RTA-11T in MINT condition. $250. You guys know these things are bit bright. Just swap out the tweeter and you have the TL's.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ele/830385056.html

Again, please accept my apology for referring a sale in the discussion forum. I'm not trying to make big money here, just pass along some great speakers in great condition for a good deal.

Hate me if you want to I guess.
Post edited by benzlo on

Comments

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited September 2008
    well,, the 12's look to be in good condition,, I'll give you that,,, but,,you know the rules,,,,adios.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • NJPOLKER
    NJPOLKER Posts: 3,474
    edited September 2008
    Amazing
    I don't hate you I just think you should go by the rules for they are in place for a real good reason and you probably know that. So that is screwed up and I am being nice about it. A member since July and only 4 posts. I am sure others will chime in too.
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited September 2008
    usually polkies get a discount. are you willing to do that.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited September 2008
    Try Ebay:rolleyes:
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited September 2008
    Why would this forum make an exception for you? It hasn't in the past. Rules are put in place for a reason. See ya'.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • benzlo
    edited September 2008
    Again, I'm sorry for breaking the rules but how else am I supposed to offer my speakers to the members of the forum.

Should I simply exclude everyone here from knowing about them? The people who may likely want them the most? And I'm letting them go for more than fair prices.

If there is a better way I should I have handled please let me know. Is there some other section of this forum where I could have made members aware? I really thought I was doing a favor. At these prices the speakers will sell themsleves.

Sorry to those I have offended - I have great respect for these type of forums.

Someone mentioned a Polkie discount. I will let them go for $200 per pair to any of you guys. I think that's a sweet deal. Then maybe you will hate me less.

I bought a pair of speakers last night and I have to get the $ back in my account before my fiancee sees it. C'mon I'm just trying to survive here!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited September 2008
    Reported.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• george daniel
    edited September 2008
    Nope,, rulz,,sin loi
  • treitz3
    edited September 2008
    benzlo wrote: »
    I have great respect for these type of forums.
    Then follow the rules. It's not like we are asking for an arm and a leg. Join in the fun and let this sale go. It's as simple as that.

Become an active, participating member of the forum. After that, there is no issue with trying to sell. ;)
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • benzlo
    edited September 2008
    Sorry guys,

If there is such a consensus that I should not have posted then I should not have posted.

I thought I was just doing a favor - breaking the rule with incredibly innocent intent. As an audiophile who longs for certain models of speakers I really wanted to get these in front of the forum members.

My mistake.

I would still would like to know if there is some other more acceptable way in which I could have let everyone here know that they exist and are available.
  • Mike Kozak
    Mike Kozak Posts: 930
    edited September 2008
    not cool at all
  • george daniel
    edited September 2008
    I trust that you are sincere in your above post,,but this is family,and we try to look out for each other. Good luck with your sale,hang around,,it's a great place,,learn/contribute.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    edited September 2008
    I thought I was just doing a favor - breaking the rule with incredibly innocent intent.

People who try really, really, really hard to do favors for people they don't know are usually actually trying really, really, really hard to do themselves a favor.

If you can't be trusted to respect a simple forum rule regarding selling, well...;)
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • CTTE
    CTTE Posts: 183
    edited September 2008
    If you have something you want to sell, just get your post count up. What you post doesn't even need to contribute to the discussion.
  • ben62670
    edited September 2008
    CTTE wrote: »
    If you have something you want to sell, just get your post count up. What you post doesn't even need to contribute to the discussion.

Great advice:rolleyes:
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • CTTE
    edited September 2008
    Thank you, Ben.

• george daniel
    edited September 2008
    Thank you, Ben.

What are you selling:rolleyes:
  • DarqueKnight
    edited September 2008
    If there is such a consensus that I should not have posted then I should not have posted.

It's not a "consensus". It is a forum rule, which you apparently feel should not apply to you.
    As an audiophile who longs for certain models of speakers I really wanted to get these in front of the forum members.

No. You just wanted to make a quick sale to someone from a group you perceived to be highly interested in what you were trying to unload.
    My mistake.

Willful disregard of a community's rules is not a mistake. It is disrespect.

I would still would like to know if there is some other more acceptable way in which I could have let everyone here know that they exist and are available.

Wow. Community rules are such an inconvenience aren't they? Good luck to anyone who choses to deal with you.

I wish this sort of thing was grounds for instant and permanent banning.
  • ben62670
    edited September 2008
    Thank you, Ben.

I'll save this thread for any of your sales.
    Rock on;)
    Thanks
    Ben
  • DarqueKnight
    edited September 2008
    ben62670 wrote: »

That's very considerate of you. Thanks.:)
  • CTTE
    edited September 2008
    What are you selling:rolleyes:

Nothing, yet. I'm still checking interest with friends and family. If they don't want the stuff, it'll get posted here before CL or eBay.
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Rock on;)

Between this and my 1st post, I'd probably get zero responses on anything I post FS.

#25!
  • george daniel
    edited September 2008
    Well,, at least you reconize that,,,,and

Never,ever,ever,, underestimate Sal;)
  • treitz3
    edited September 2008
    My mistake.

Become an active, participating member of the forum. After that, there is no issue with trying to sell. This is already brought out to the table in post # 10. ;)
  • benzlo
    edited September 2008
    I'll apologize again for creating this post: I'm sorry.

But still no one is answering my question about how I could convey the message in any other way to members of the forum. How should I have done it?

Should I simply exclude everyone here? Those who would likely find the most joy in owning them?

My intenet is purely innocent. Again, at these overly resonable rates I don't need the forum to sell them. I gain nothing by using it. I'm not hear to gain anything. I just wanted to let the people who really want them the most that they here to be had.

I have no desire to argue, I just don't understand how this can be misconstrued as some attempt to use the forum in an illegitimate way.

I'm just a little guy here who thought Polk lovers would appreciate the heads up on some great Polk gear for great rates.

Based on the concensus of this thread I will not do it again. It just seems ridiculous that I will not be able to offer my SDA's to the members of this forum before everyone on Craiglist.

Please accept my most humble appology. And please let me know what you would have done to let the forum know in a position like mine. Should I really have excluded everyone here?
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited September 2008
    I understand your intent, but rules are rules, sorry.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • benzlo
    edited September 2008
    Man you guys really got me feeling like a piece of crap.

Please try to understand that my intentions were in the right place. It obviously appears differently to some.

Most of you guys have all been here way longer than me - you know better than I do.

Message received.........I was only trying to help.
    I'm passionate about how good these speakers sound and I wanted someone who really wanted them to have them.

Never again.
  • Old School Polk
    Old School Polk Posts: 12
    edited September 2008
  • treitz3
    edited September 2008
    I'll apologize again for creating this post: I'm sorry.

But still no one is answering my question about how I could convey the message in any other way to members of the forum. How should I have done it?
    You don't. Short and sweet.

Though your intent may be good, the rules were put into place for the protection of the active, participating members of this forum. There is a reason for this. If you become an active, participating member you will know why.

Until then, there is Flea-Prey and Craigslist. Dig?
  • george daniel
    edited September 2008
    Tough crowd.

Nah,,, we just look out for each other,,,seems to work well this way;)
  • DarqueKnight
    edited September 2008
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Become an active, participating member of the forum. After that, there is no issue with trying to sell. This is already brought out to the table in post # 10. ;)

It is clear that our "guest" already knows the appropriate thing to do, hence his preemptive apology for crapping on the rules. Perhaps this translation will provide some insight.

What he/she/it said:

Translation:
    I would still would like to know if there is some other more acceptable way in which I could skirt the rules and make a quick buck off you guys. Please understand that I don't have much time for forum chit chat and I want to do this as quickly as possible without the the effort and expense associated with traditional online audio sales venues.
This discussion has been closed.