Dayton caps

Options
tugboat
tugboat Posts: 393
edited September 2008 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Where, other than partsexpress, is a good place to get these? I'm not happy with partsexpress. Their site gave me a shipping quote of 4.90 first class or 6.50 priority for an order of 6 caps. When I was checking out and got to the shipping options, it had the USPS greyed out and the cheapest option was UPS ground for 10.80. :eek: That's more money and longer transit time. These caps can't weigh more than 8oz (1uf and 5uf caps).

Thanks!
Driver carries only 20 dollars in ammunition

Pedestrians have the right of way, unless they are in the way
Post edited by tugboat on

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited September 2008
    Options
    They are PE caps. The shipping is that price any where.
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Try it again later, sometimes that happens with their shipping options.

Also, try adding the free catalog, SOMETIMES the shipping amount decreases.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • tugboat
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ben62670 wrote: »
    They are PE caps. The shipping is that price any where.
    Ben

They need to change their shipping quote system. They're quoting pricing and services and then changing it when you checkout. Think I'll give them a call.

Thanks

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hey Face I have 30 orders with PE:eek: How you doin:D
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • tugboat
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Face wrote: »
    Try it again later, sometimes that happens with their shipping options.

Also, try adding the free catalog, SOMETIMES the shipping amount decreases.

With my luck, they'll factor in the weight of the catalog and raise the shipping. :D

• awe-d-o-file
    awe-d-o-file Posts: 146
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Parts Express is usually the most fair priced shipping online. I got a Wattgate plug shipped for only 3.43 first class. Maybe your price is higher due to more packing and time to gather the multiple parts. Just wait and the USPS options will work again.

ET

System: MF Trivista SACD > Placette passive> CJ passive horizontal bi-amp> MF 2500A(LF) MF2100(HF) > 1.2TL's

Other: Speltz silver Eichmann IC's & speaker wire, Econotweaks Detail Magnifiers, PS Audio P-300(source), R. Gray 600, Al Sekala's AC R/C filters, R. Gray HT PC's, Oyaide R-1's,WPC-Z , M-1, Herbie's & DIY Isolation
    Room: Qty 7 - 4' tall 18" diam. bass traps, Qty 4 - 4' X 2' X 4" panels. All DIY - man my wife is tolerant!
  • tugboat
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Cover me, I'm going back in! :D

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Hey Face I have 30 orders with PE:eek: How you doin:D
    Only 14, should be 15 by the end of the week. :p
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • tugboat
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Well here's how it went.

I ordered, and during checkout, no USPS option, but was quoted 3.90 first class and 6.51 priority (just couldn't choose them during checkout).

I added the catalog, as suggested, and was given the USPS Priority option for 17.65! :eek:

I removed the catalog and was finally given the USPS options. I chose Priority as quickly as possible before they discovered what I had done and sent the shopping cart reset. :D

• zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Last time I ordered xover parts from them, it only cost me a few bucks for 4-6 parts. I am about to order parts for my amp from them and am quoted at around ten dollars for about 20 mixed parts. They have always been reasonable since I have used them and offer enough different kinds of parts that I usually don't go else where.