Plastic Plugs in Terminals?

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,096
edited May 2003 in Speakers
Polk speakers have this plastic plug where nanner plugs would go...how do you remove it? and why tf is it there?
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2003
    Options
    they just pop out.

There was one dude that actually drilled them out if I remember correctly....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • VR3
    edited May 2003
    Options
    a knife maybe?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Yeah a knife works well. They are there because the size and spacing apparently is the exact same as a european power outlet.
  • VR3
    edited May 2003
    Options
    So I am guessing the European's are too stupid to figure out that you do not plug their components into your speakers? You know someone tried that...thats why they did that...
  • TroyD
    edited May 2003
    Options
    So you are calling Europeans stupid? How many Europeans do you know?

Would that be along the same lines of not knowing that your receiver doesn't have preouts after you buy the amp?

Think before you speak.

Troy
  • VR3
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Troy, I was being sarcastic. Take a joke.

To comment on the preout thing, when I bought my receiver I had no intentions of seperate amps, more the less, I didnt know how they were plugged up, much less what plugs were needed to plug them up.
  • TroyD
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Europeans are stupid, yeah, that's a riot.

If I recall, you bought the amp thinking you were going to use your receiver as a preamp only to find out after you bought the amp that it had no preouts. No big deal, I just think that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

No biggie, Sid.

BDT
  • jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Yea, what the hell is wrong with you??? I can't believe this crap. In all my days of reading posts that's most appalling thing I have ever read. You better wake up and be just a little more PC and give the Europeans some credit, Except for the French. :p
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
  • TroyD
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Hey don't pick on the French, they are VERY thoughtful. They planted trees along the Champs Elyesse (sp) so the Germans could march in the shade.....

BDT
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited May 2003
    Options
    haahaa u guys seem alittle uptight, relax no1 in here is seriously makin fun of ne1.
  • rs159
    rs159 Posts: 1,027
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by TroyD
    Hey don't pick on the French, they are VERY thoughtful. They planted trees along the Champs Elyesse (sp) so the Germans could march in the shade.....

BDT

(sp) - hmm... French has about 5 distinct accent marks. I'm sure they threw one in there for **** and giggles.

Germans - WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited May 2003
    Options

BDT

:lol::lol:

So Troy, when are you scheduled to head home?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • TroyD
    edited May 2003
    Options
    **** brotha, I got no idea.....4 months here as of next week.

They are telling us anywhere between first of July to the first of August....I'll believe it when I get on the plane out of here...

BDT
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited May 2003
    Options
    hope it comes sooner rather than later...I am sure it gets old already...
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited May 2003
    Options
    BDT,
    Man, just explain to Franks that you have Springsteen tix...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited May 2003
    Options
    they just pop out.

There was one dude that actually drilled them out if I remember correctly....

BDT

That was me!! All is cool now. I've made my peace with the binding post plugs.

Seriously tho, I did indeed use a drill to remove the plugs. Not a big drill.. just one of those rechargeable Black & Decker hand held ones. It worked great. :p

I layed the speaker on it's face flat on the carpet... put my goggles on.. and straddled the speaker and went to town on that small plastic plug. No plug could ever stand a chance against me and my drill and make me look like a fool again. I got the best of that thing. :D

good luck Sid. Remember you are smarter than those damn plugs.

Al

P.S. If you too have to resort to using a drill.. wear safety goggles. Not that you could get an eye injury.. only because goggles make you look like a nard. :lol:
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin: