Sony speakers

Options
rs159
rs159 Posts: 1,027
edited May 2003 in Speakers
I got a chuckle out of this. The new Sony bookshelf speakers at CC that they tried to sell for $100 - well, apperantly they suck so much they are marked down to $50. Look at the reviews - even the typical "THESE SPEAKERS ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD AND THEY ROCK!" only shows up in one review. Everyone else says they suck. Pretty bad record, esp. for CC reviews where ppl are eastily impressed. I still wouldn't pay fiddy cent for 'em.
Post edited by rs159 on

Comments

• fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I hate when retailers put those bogus prices on there. The msrp on those things IS $50. Oh yeah, they suck! :)
  • rs159
    rs159 Posts: 1,027
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Hey guys, heads up! Just thought I'd tell y'all about the fabulous Bose 141's on sale this week for the unbelievable price of $80! They provide Bose quality sound at an incredible price!

You can also buy a Jensen surround sound sub/sat system for just $80, too!

<<<---back to sanity--->>>

Why is "bose quality sound" a sign of quality to most of the public. They don't mention if it's clear, airy, natural, tight bass, or anything. Just "bose quality", which certainly isn't a selling point for anybody who knows what they are doing.

And the Jensen set - hmmm... I'd use it for a grandparents' computer, but nothing more.

I *still* wouldn't pay fiddy cent for 'em.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I would use a Bose speaker as a spitoon for my tobacco.....yeeee haww!!!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited May 2003
    Options
    no highs no lows must be bose