Cleaning out the closets,lots of good wire for sale.

2»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited May 2003
    Soon as it clears???? WTF, that isn't Scott you're dealing with.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited May 2003
    Hey I gotta have it cleared.Then I send.Whats not fair about that?
    He was cool with as everyone else I'm dealing with is cool with it?why aren't you?
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • F1nut
    edited May 2003
    Whatever Dan, it just struck me wrong. I've sent stuff to people here before getting paid and will continue to do so. People, by nature, are honest (except Scott Trigg) and I believe in the Club Polk brotherhood.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited May 2003
    Mantis's new sig:

"SIMPLY BETTER CLUB MEMBER!"

It's time to get off your fantasy horse. You or I are no better than anyone else in here, however it seems that you need a reality check. Something like, "Most Full Of Himself Club Member" would be more appropriate. :rolleyes:

President of Club Polk

• faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited May 2003
    Boy this is really getting your goat huh, No disrespect just a comment.. Dan seems like a upfront guy, I would hold the check also but that's just me, No offense to members or you personally
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    F1nut,
    Whatever Dan, it just struck me wrong. I've sent stuff to people here before getting paid and will continue to do so. People, by nature, are honest (except Scott Trigg) and I believe in the Club Polk brotherhood.

Dude relax,this is my very first time selling anything online.I normally don't sell anything so I am new at it.I'm trying the best I can.So far everyone I have sold anything to aren't complaining about the way I am doing bussiness,which is none of your bussiness.
    It was suggested to me that I wait untill the check clears to send product by one member so I just went with that Idea.I normally trust everyone untill I get done wrong.The internet if you haven't read makes me nervous.I hope you can understand that instead of biting my head off.
    It's time to get off your fantasy horse. You or I are no better than anyone else in here, however it seems that you need a reality check. Something like, "Most Full Of Himself Club Member" would be more appropriate.
    You don't read much in here do you.You have no idea what my sig means...Why don't you ask Russman or polkatese what it means........
    Dan
    Dan
  • F1nut
    edited May 2003
    Oh, I read plenty and I know what you think it means. I'm just saying that it comes off wrong.

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited May 2003
    "I hope you can understand that instead of biting my head off."

You're right Dan, sorry about jumping on you about this one.

F1

President of Club Polk

• Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited May 2003
    I usually head this off at the pass by asking up front how the seller wants to be paid.

If he wants a personal check, I always make the effort to tell him he doesn't have to ship until it clears. In fact, my last Polk transaction with Wallstreet went this way, and I emailed him the day the check posted (I have electronic checking). Then he shipped out the speaks.

I only think it's a big deal if the buyer and seller have different preconceived notions and there is a misunderstanding after the sale.

I bought Dan's M1.4 bi-wires for my mains, and a length of Monster 14-4 bulk for my center channel, and I have no problems waiting until the check clears because he mentioned it right up front before the sale.

I'm looking forward to seeing just how much of an improvement I will hear from the mains on critical 2 channel playback.

For what I paid for everything, it's not much of a risk and I remain open to the possibility my current selection of speaker wire is limiting the potential of my system. A full report is pending!

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    F1nut,
    My sig was a joke with polkatese.The growing support for B&K is cool.I personally believe in B&K.

It's cool dude,I try to avoid fighting with members when ever possible.I turned over a new leaf awhile ago and I'm sticking to it.
    Personally I think the forum is much better today then it has been in the past.I really enjoy talking with all you guys.It's alot of fun.Troy and Russ don't have the tag team thing going anymore,but if they do,you know we will be at it just like old times........like Brothers all arguing over nothing........all good.
    Dan;)
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    Doc,
    I am looking forward to you owning them as much as you are.I can't wait to read your review.I think you'll be floored on what they unlock in your system......
    Dan
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited May 2003
    Originally posted by mantis
    F1nut,
    My sig was a joke with polkatese.The growing support for B&K is cool.I personally believe in B&K.
    Dan;)

what joke, Dan? B&K is NO joke...it's a slice of heaven, ok, may be not that dramatic..but B&K (or Rotel) with Dave Brubeck, now we are talking serious audiophile grade reproduction! right, Tour? :D
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    I'm glad your diggin your B&K setup.Such a fantastic sounding piece.
    polkatese
    Dan
  • F1nut
    edited May 2003
    You two need a room....jeez! :lol:

President of Club Polk

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited May 2003
    I had pretty much decided on being a little non-trusting of people due to my transaction with Scott but after dealing with a few others here I still tend to send without payment. I can see both sides though. The thing that always makes me wonder though is "why should the seller have the governing hand". I mean, with my bad transaction I was the buyer and the seller got one over. I guess as I'm typing here I'm realizing that the seller is normally more at risk. I guess once you offer something for sale a lot of the time the maggots come out of the woodwork. No point really, just thinking while I'm typing.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Dr. Spec
    edited May 2003
    Dave Brubeck "Time Out" - got it playing as we speak. :-)

Doc

SVS
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited May 2003
    Originally posted by polkatese
    what joke, Dan? B&K is NO joke...it's a slice of heaven, ok, may be not that dramatic..but B&K (or Rotel) with Dave Brubeck, now we are talking serious audiophile grade reproduction! right, Tour? :D
    Right... what was the question? Whatever it was, I'm with mantis, he's buying us tee-shirts with the proceeds of the wire sale. :D

Seriously the Brubeck was very fine. Didn't even realize it was a Telarc disc until I pulled it out a couple days ago.

BTW mantis, may want to do a list update on what's left.

And polka, man every e-mail I've gotten from you has been blank. Are you using a white font color or what???
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    Agreed Tourma,
    I'm gonna update the list here and maybe start a new thead.......
    Thanks Bro
    Dan
  • polkatese
    edited May 2003
    Originally posted by Tour2ma
    Right... what was the question? Whatever it was, I'm with mantis, he's buying us tee-shirts with the proceeds of the wire sale. :D

Seriously the Brubeck was very fine. Didn't even realize it was a Telarc disc until I pulled it out a couple days ago.

BTW mantis, may want to do a list update on what's left.

And polka, man every e-mail I've gotten from you has been blank. Are you using a white font color or what???

Tour,
    I did mention that it was a Telarc production, even though it has Starbuck logo on it. I just sent you another email using my other address. Let me know if you still can't read it.....

Hey, we have Dr. Spec enjoying "Time Out"...ok, Doc, you can go take five after this...:D
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited May 2003
    Received and replied to the latest e-mail, so I think we're caught up now.

And always remember with me, just because you tell me something, it doesn't mean I'll remember it.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • polkatese
    edited May 2003
    Tour,
    gotcha! btw, here is another wonderful album recommendation, if you like Brubeck, try this one! Recording quality is awesome too, sultry, simply great music (Lionel on vibes, sample the track on this link, especially Time after Time with Ron Carter:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000001A9W/dealtime-damu/102-6542148-2277729

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Dan...can't resist recommending a great jazz album while we are on the topic..
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    We all should be used to the Hi Jacking ,..................................

It's cool
    Dan
  • Dr. Spec
    edited May 2003
    Mantis - I sent you an email on the wire shipment, but I can't access my home email from work. Did you get my address OK?

Doc

SVS
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    You good Doc,
    package is coming your way tomarrow or Monday.
    Dan
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    I had to put my 14-4 bi wires back into my system.What a system let down.I can't wait to move so I can move forward with my system.This waiting thing my wife is making me do is really getting old........
    Dan
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited May 2003
    Dan--Wires came today just as you promised:D

Hooked up and subs are playing, now for the "moving" to find that perfect spot for them.

Thanks,

RT1
  • mantis
    edited May 2003
    reeltrouble1
    cool man.Enjoy them.
    Dan