Terminator 3

RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited December 2001 in Music & Movies
Terminator 3

Supposedly this one will set the record for film budgets, upstaging Pearl Harbor by 30+ million.

What is Arnold now, 54? 55? You know how Clint Eastwood is flabby muscle guy now, wearing sweatsuits and what not.... how long till Arnold starts to show his age?

Cheers,
Russ

Oh, and Arnold's adversary...FEMALE this time... wonder who it will be? Famke Janssen from Xmen is the rumor....

fj024544.jpg
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited December 2001
    Terminator: Rise of the Machines, or so I heard.

This is a bad idea, with out James at the helm this movie will blow. He was the driving force behind the other Terminators. The budget is reported to be set at 170 million, 30 million going to Arnie.

The director will be Jonathan Mostow, (U-571), yet another sign this movie will blow.

Vin Diesel is reported to be in the running for a bad Terminator although no one has been picked yet. Also, Edward Furlong will be in it. Filming is to begin in April.

This movie is already showing signs of going down the craper, besides Arnie is too old to be a Terminator.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2001
    Micah actually working today? Or is he still passed out in Justin's bed?

I posted a MOVIE thread, and included a nice cleavage shot.... yet no Micah. Does this strike anyone else as odd?

I hear ya Ron, all I can do is hope that Mostow pulls it off, and its not CGI'd to death....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Ron-P
    edited December 2001
    ...some damn nice cleavage. Ohhhh.......squishy, squishy, yum yum.

Peace out~:D
    If...
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited December 2001
    This movie is destined to suck. I've heard that the script has been rewritten several times, because Arnold keeps rejecting it. I also fail to see why they're making a sequel if they destroyed Cybordyne Systems and all the Terminator parts (minus Arnold's arm in T2). I guess the same problem with the machines could happen anyway, just further in the future since all the Terminator parts were destroyed. It also won't be cool without Sarah Connor. It's going to be tough to pull this one off. By the way, did you see on that link that they're also supposed to do a Terminator 4??? Ugh.

Aaron
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2001
    do you suppose Micah had gerbil related problems??

I, too, don't hold out much hope for T3..

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited December 2001
    Sorry, guys, I was just trying to, you know, GET SOME WORK DONE in this furshlugginger place!

Anyway, let me catch up...

HOT pic. Too bad in the wrong angle, Framke is a dog. And what kind of name is "Framke"? And that Bond villianess she played was not EVIL enough. I could have done so much more with that character had I been the writer. But I of course wouldn't turn down a date. (Please have her people call my people.)

T3 will definitely suck. >> In this case, they are the writers of Tank Girl and Supernova. << "Tank Girl," I can't believe I sat thru this whole stupid idiotic movie just to see if that cutie gets naked, and I end up falling love with the sidekick and even SHE doesn't get naked. I was embarrassed for Ice T. Anything that was even peripherally associated with TANK GIRL is GUARANTEED to suck. And here's a Micah Prediction: T4? That'll suck, too.

Ron, why are FOR some sequels and NOT FOR others? You need to be more consistent. I need consistency if I'm to be your friend. Or, at least explain what you're thinking, you keep making me proud and then losing me. Help.

Micah!
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Ron-P
    edited December 2001
    Ron, why are FOR some sequels and NOT FOR others? You need to be more consistent. I need consistency if I'm to be your friend. Or, at least explain what you're thinking, you keep making me proud and then losing me. Help.

WOW, majorlee :confused:

Are you for every movie having a sequel or every movie not having one?

If...
  • Micah Cohen
    edited December 2001
    Name a sequel besides GODFATHER II that is worth watching.

I mean really really worth it.

G'head.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• Aaron
    edited December 2001
    Empire Strikes Back
    Return of the Jedi (get over the Ewoks)
    Terminator 2 (don't even start with me, Micah, it was cool!)

I'll think of more, I'm just too lazy right now.

Aaron
  • Ron-P
    edited December 2001
    The ones Aaron mentioned +

Aliens (that friggen rocked hard)
    Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan
    Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country

If...
  • Aaron
    edited December 2001
    The ones Ron said plus:

American Pie 2
    Rush Hour 2
    Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (I liked Connery, Micah!)

Aaron
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited December 2001
    I just read that Edward Norton is going to be cast for the John Connor role.

As far as a flabby Arnold... he will simply hook up with his steroid dealer and get all huge again. Not to worry!

John
    No excuses!
  • jdelan
    jdelan Posts: 244
    edited December 2001
    Evil Dead II
    TOy Story II
    Highlander II, III, IV....

Ok, Forget I said Highlander...
  • Micah Cohen
    edited December 2001
    Ooo. You guys are good.

ALIENS was okay. But ALIEN is so great, that anything else pales in comparision. The second movie was a different animal in many ways. Plus, isn't everything that Cameron does just a rip of Ridley Scott? How appropriate.

TOY STORY II was great, I forgot about that, and I just watched it again the other night. What a great flick. Yes, I tear up when she sings that damn song.

And the EVIL DEAD stuff is great, too.

Hm.

But all the STAR WARS sequels and INDIANA JONES sequels succeeded in nothing but making the original films into comedic parodies of themselves. Once the original, dark core is violated, nothing but parody remains. Look, I LOVE Connery. But even he could not save LAST CRUSADE. And while EMPIRE could be called a better technical film than even STAR WARS, it was still just too comic-bookish, too "I'm filling in the blanks" with needless detail kind of thing. STAR WARS, period. RAIDERS, period. Nothing touches them for sheer originality and impact.

STAR TREK? You really watch this stuff?

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• Ron-P
    edited December 2001
    Highlander II, III, IV....

Now that is completely uncalled for.

If...
  • Ron-P
    edited December 2001
    Alien is one of the best all time horror sci-fi flicks, but I enjoyed Aliens as a stand alone, completey different, but very enjoyable sequel.

I agree that Radiers of the Lost Ark is the only good one of the bunch, the second is complete trash and the third, a bit better, but not by much. It was watchable because of that cute chick in it. YUM!

I enjoyed all 3 original SW, but RotJ was the worst of the three, but because of the cast I really enjoyed it. As for SW:AotC, I'll wait for the DVD the trailers look just like TPM. They make great DVDs, but I will not see it in theaters.

I too forgot TS:II, a great sequel.

I Love the original Star Trek crew, most of the movies were good, the TV series is the best. TNG I could handle, it was decent and the movies were ok. But this Voyager, Deep Space Nine and Enterprise stuff is trash.....They need to fire everyone involved in these and get all new fleash in there, then maybe...just maybe we'll see some improvement. Rick Berman is the worst thing to happen Star Trek.

If...
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited December 2001
    What about the BACK TO THE FUTURE movies? Man I wanted a hoverboard when I was younger!

~JB
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2001
    Like what, 3, 4 years ago?
  • TroyD
    edited December 2001
    no doubt.....

I was shaggin' wool while you were still crapping in your drawers and wiping it on the walls.

"When I was younger......" SHEEEESHHHH

The first Back to the Future was OK, the others sucked out loud.

Troy
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited December 2001
    At what age are you "allowed" to say When I was younger? Is there a rule on this one?

~JB
  • TroyD
    edited December 2001
    just hackin' on ya.....

I have a couple of cousins that are in college (actually 1 graduated) and when I was home last, they were taking a stroll down memory lane which is somewhat hard for me to accept when I still have T-shirts that I wear that were purchased during the "old times" they are talking about.

On that same line, as you enter your thirties it's somewhat disconcerting to think that some of your best partying was over a decade ago.

Troy