How good can it get?!

Options
gshisme
gshisme Posts: 1,038
edited May 2003 in Electronics
WOOOOOOOOOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Finally replaced the H/K being used as a pre/pro with the Rotel 1066 mated to the 1075. I really was skeptical when I purchased it whether it would make that much of a difference in sound quality. I used **** as a comparison DVD and HOLY ****!! I don't have the lingo down yet and don't quite know how to describe the difference other than to say can it get any better!? It absolutely brought 5.1 and my RT25i surrounds to life. The scene where Cage steals the Vette made me feel like I was standing right there. Every subtle sound such as when at the begining of the movie the agent was wrestling with his lock pick to open the door was crystal clear. My abused ears at my age tend to miss a lot but I heard sounds and music tones that I am not familiar with. I also tend to have trouble hearing all the dialogue but I didn't miss a beat. What a freagin difference!!

Thanks guys for the info and push towards Rotel seperates. Especially Mantis and polkatese. Mantis..Rotel all NIGHT.

especially tonight..bbbbrrriiinnnggg..sorry boss I don't feel good!
suds, suds and more suds!
Post edited by gshisme on

Comments

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Greg,
    glad to be able to help you spend your money :-) no more snake pit? I still have mine....

Congrats and enjoy your new babies...pics coming?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • gshisme
    edited May 2003
    Options
    polkatese, thanks and I will enjoy..ALL NIGHT! Still waiting on the panamax..should have by wednesday to help clean up what is left of the snake pit. Think it is a lost cause though. The hell with it..as long as it sounds and looks good from the front. If nothing else I have the power cables separated from the A/V cables. By the way..money well spent and Pics coming soon.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I like it! I don't know all the marketing terms either.
    Q:
    Do you think that a Rotel upgrade would be a good or bad combo with an Outlaw 770 Amp in my case?

You matched a Rotel set which Mantis and most others agree should be a no brainer but also the Rotel has much better amps compared to h/k... high current Marketing hype IMO. So which had the greater impact?

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,079
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I hate threads like this, makes me wanna buy a preamp!!!!!!1
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • gshisme
    edited May 2003
    Options
    HBombToo,

Absolutely the preamp made the biggest difference. It increased the bass (or cleaned it up or whatever) which just sounds rock solid even past the point of tolerable. Even the sub has new life. I could go on but you get the point. I can only make judgement by my one experience of replacing a receiver with a preamp but I say just DO IT. Your question regarding the Outlaw with the Rotel I really can't answer but I'm sure there are others on this forum that could. However, through my experience it would surely be a major improvement over using your receiver as a pre/pro!

As far as the amp, there may have been a slight improvement over the H/K at normal listening levels but it really started to shine at greater volume. But after puting the two Rotels together the sound became incredible with the RT's. Just keep in mind I haven't experience any music cd's or DVD's so my comments thus far are based solely on 5.1 Dolby Digital video DVD's.

Mx, if there is anyway you can swing it man..do it. Didn't you just buy an amp..Adcom I think..don't waste it. If you can't do it now take solace in the fact that you are half way there to much better sound.