received new dsotm lp!

Options
madmax
madmax Posts: 12,434
edited May 2003 in 2 Channel Audio
I received the new Dark Side of the Moon LP from Acoustic Sounds last week! I'll comment about it as soon as I get a chance to really listen to it. Unfortunatley my system is being moved around right now for some interior changes. I've been waiting for it for months (I ordered it pre-release) and wouldn't you know I would get it as soon as I started moving things!
madmax
Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
Post edited by madmax on

Comments

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Chuck,
    would be interesting to compare the LP with SACD. I was debating about getting the lp and decidedto wait a bit.Do you have the SACD version?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Right on, I'm waiting on a turntable to come in from ebay. I got the DSOTM LP last friday. I may have to wait to play it, we'll how the turntable turns out.

Derick.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • madmax
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I have the sacd version as well. I've only listened to it in 2 channel though. I want to compare it directly, you know, both sources running at the same time at the same volume and switch back and forth. Too bad the older common version I have sounds like static city. One of my friends has an original master mfsl recording that he says I can compare it to. Should be interesting.
    madmax

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited May 2003
    Options
    A sealed MSFL DSOTM just went on ebay for $179... I should never have opened the 30 or so MSFL's I bought for $3 a piece when a local record store was swapping to CD's moons ago.

Didn't have DSOTM, but a few other choice ones were in the mix, e.g., Sticky Fingers.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • dcarlson
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Oooo.. Sticky Fingers, that's a good one..

What's MSFL???

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • Tour2ma
    edited May 2003
    Options
    DOH! :eek: finger dyslexic MFSL...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • dcarlson
    edited May 2003
    Options
    MFSL

Serious, what's MFSL??? Didn't mean to correct you there, that was just a coincidence...:lol:

Edit: damn speller...

• madmax
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I typed it in wrong the first time. Took me a few minutes to remember what it was called... Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs I think.
    madmax

• Tour2ma
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Madmax,
    You are correct sir!
    MFSL made their name by releasing half-speed mastered, limited pressing LP's on heavy virgin vinyl strictly from the original master tapes.
    After the CD explosion they moved on to a gold line of CD's that are very well respected.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• dcarlson
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Cool.