The place to shop for LSi 15 and LSi 9?

Options
PETERNG
PETERNG Posts: 918
edited May 2003 in Speakers
Any one know? reliable dealers and reasonable shiipng costs ? and good price. Thanks

I have two on the list but don't know they are good dealers or not

Sound Distributors

Acoustics Sound Design

Feel free to make comments

Thanks

Ps I'm thinkingabout relacing the RP20P main speakers
Post edited by PETERNG on

Comments

• dlew308
    dlew308 Posts: 530
    edited April 2003
    Options
    maybe brandnamez.com
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I know they are higher priced, but www.crutchfield.com is certainly authorized and have the best customer service that I have dealt with. Super fast shipping, and all returns go thru them with advance shipping of replacement.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I had already decided to go with sound distributers after reading all the customer comments and complaints about all the places. Certainly you would never get ripped at crutchfield but you pay a price for that. It seems that all the really cheap places have very good track records so long as they have the item in stock. It is when they are out of something that all the bad things happen because of lack of communication means and skills. Good luck!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Oh yea,
    Order over the phone. This is the only time you will have a chance to ask whether they have the item in stock.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by PETERNG
    Any one know? reliable dealers and reasonable shiipng costs ? and good price.

As of late, I'd say just keep your eye on the Flea Market.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • gshisme
    gshisme Posts: 1,038
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Madmax,

Who are these cheap places. Sound Distributors I think it was had the LSi 15's for a grand. Like PETERNG, was wondering if anyone had experience dealing with the discount e-tailers. Crutchfield wants a grand and a half for the 15's. That's five hundred bucks difference. What the Hell!!

EDIT..acousticsounddesign.com
    suds, suds and more suds!
  • dlew308
    dlew308 Posts: 530
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Too bad polk won't sell us owners newer models dirt cheap :)
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited April 2003
    Options
    PETERNG,

I bought my LSi 9's from Sound Distributors. I called first to make sure that they had them in stock. They arrived in perfect condition six days later.

A couple of things. They remove the serial numbers and have there own warranty on the things. Can't beat the price though. I was very happy with the service.

PJ.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by gshisme
    Crutchfield wants a grand and a half for the 15's. That's five hundred bucks difference. What the Hell!!

Crutchfield charges full retail prices......PLUS the shipping. I don't care what they offer as far as a 30 day tryout deal, you could buy from a local store and save yourself at LEAST the shipping for the exact same deal. I don't see any benefit from purchasing from Crutchfield at all.

The warranty switch is the biggest concern. If you have to have any warranty work done on speakers that you buy from either Sound Distributors or Acoustic Sound Design (or others), then you have to do all warranty work through them and can't go through Polk directly. I don't personally see that as a downfall particularily, unless the company goes out of business.......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I'm a good place to buy LSi if you are going to pay retail. Free shipping! :lol:
  • dmamsa
    dmamsa Posts: 80
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I bought my LSi9 from local authorized dealer here in the San Fran area...I also got the free PSW250 which I ebayed...

They will not ship it

I got a decent price and full amnufacturers warranty..

send me an email if you care to know
    Lsi9s front
    LsiC center
    artison surrounds and surround back
    Panny XP30 DVD player
    HD-DVD - Toshiba HD-A1
    B&K 507
    SVS CS Ultra (powered by samson 1000)
    Pioneer 503CMX plasma
    Panny PT-AE900U proector
    Lumagen HDQ video processor
    Monster HTS 5100
    Dish Network VIP211
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I would love to hear from more happy Sound Distributors customers.
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Thank you for all the inputs and comments (especially the tips to call to make sure they have Polk speakers in stock), the two dealers that I mentioned have good price on the LSI 15 and LSI 9, the shipping costs is considered to be expensive but you have to pay tax if you purchase them locally anyway(but then you have to pay Crutchfield price), I can live with that. I also can accept the store warranty if they are the reliable dealers (to save $500, it justify for the reason). I’m not looking for any cheaper or perfect deals than the price I found here; just want to know if anyone has any bad experience with them before. One more thing, soundpro.com sold Polk speakers too, anyone deal with them before?
  • STUFFMD
    STUFFMD Posts: 381
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Brettw22 ........I hear what your saying about Crutchfields price...but I have done several purchases with them and have never paid shipping.........I have used Crutchfield because when I go to the store the product never seems to be there, especially from retailers over the past couple of years. They always say ..well we can order it for you, it'll probably take about a week ...screw that I can do it myself, have it in 2 days from cruthcfield and not have to come back to the store to pick it up, have it delivered to my door.
    I would also add that Crutchfield always follows on sales and I believe is one of the few authorized online dealers of Polk.
    My 2 Stuff
    Your system is only as good as your weakest component...!

OnkyoTX-DS 797
    NAD C270/ Mains
    Mains: LSI9's
    Center: Cs400i /Biwired
    Rear: Fx300i
    Rear Center:CS 245i
    Dvd: Onkyo DVS 555
    Vision RCA 36" Premiere Series
    Bang & Olfsen RX Turntable
    Psw 350 Front/Psw 202 rear
    Kimber Cable 4TC Mains HF
    Monster Originals/Center
    Kimber Interconnects
    Monster XP Everywhere else
    PS2/Gamecube
  • eulogyt00l
    eulogyt00l Posts: 45
    edited May 2003
    Options
    PeterNG,

If you haven't found a place to buy your LSI15's yet.
    I am selling mine for $975. with free shipping. They are new with warranty. Still in the factory box.
    I have them listed with pics in the Flea Market forum of Polk Audio.

Here's a link.

http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9595
    Our Fathers are models for God. If our fathers bailed, what does that tell you about God?
    --Tyler Durder--