My DIY tweak of the week

Options
awe-d-o-file
awe-d-o-file Posts: 146
edited July 2008 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
I was cutting down an oak tree and made this three inch slice. I let it dry in the sun a couple of weeks. I put two 8" defelx circles I had underneath the wood slab and two more on top to support my Placette passive resistor ladder linestage. I wasn't thinking it would do much. I wanted to lift it as much as anything for better cable management. The sound improvement was quite impressive; more dynamic in the bass/midbass range with better clarity and decay. I also heard details on several recordings I had not heard before. Me happy!

ET

System: MF Trivista SACD > Placette passive> CJ passive horizontal bi-amp> MF 2500A(LF) MF2100(HF) > 1.2TL's

Other: Speltz silver Eichmann IC's & speaker wire, Econotweaks Detail Magnifiers, PS Audio P-300(source), R. Gray 600, Al Sekala's AC R/C filters, R. Gray HT PC's, Oyaide R-1's,WPC-Z , M-1, Herbie's & DIY Isolation
Room: Qty 7 - 4' tall 18" diam. bass traps, Qty 4 - 4' X 2' X 4" panels. All DIY - man my wife is tolerant!

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Too bad you weren't closer. We would have a lot of fun. I have a Husky 281 pro saw that takes up to a 4' bar=8' tree. I also love to tinker. Any sound improvement. A TT would probably work nice sitting on that.
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben