looking for a diy dj/outdoor movie speaker plan

Options
goingganzo
goingganzo Posts: 2,793
edited July 2008 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
well guys i am looking for a diy dj/outdoor movie speaker plan sothing i can put alot of power on.
Post edited by goingganzo on

Comments

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited July 2008
    Options
    If I were doing something on a deck I would use Clark Synthesis tactile transducers for the bass and some nice bookshelfs sitting in a covered area (or some some weatherproof speakers)
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • honda cber
    honda cber Posts: 267
    edited July 2008
    Options
    the first time i considered this, i didnt consider.... the elements.

i guess some fair questions would be pertaining to whether or nto the install was intended to be "permanent", what kind of budget, how big is area and what is around it, how much "wow" are you looking for?

i mean, 5 mackie srm-450 powered "monitors" and a sub or two would be awesome in even a pretty big yard, and you could run balanced lines, even. but you obviously couldnt leave that set-up all of the time. also, they arent exactly cheap, but neither is anything else we talk about on this forum. of course, youd need stands, cables, and power.
    i played in a group for awhile that used a pair of the old-gen 450's and a single 1801 sub. we consistently rocked the various college-town sort of bars we played in. the sub was particularly impressive, IMO.
    pics courtesy of sweetwater.com
    SRM450v2-large.jpg
    SWA1801z-large.jpg
    gear list:
    1 down, 4 up....