Bosch 10.8V cordless screw gun

Options
obieone
obieone Posts: 5,077
edited July 2008 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
I bought this thing 2 weeks ago, installed one of the batteries, with it's factory charge, and haven't changed the battery or charged the extra one yet!!!
It isn't as fast as a full size cordless, but man, for working with a LOT of fasteners, this thing kicks ****.
I got lucky with this purchase. It was on clearance @ HD for $100.00, and I had a $25.00 GC.
Just figured you tweakers might want to give your wrist a rest.:rolleyes:

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Tools/PagesBoscProductDetail.aspx?pid=PS40-2
I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
Post edited by obieone on

Comments

• McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I got a 14.4 dewalt xrp for the same purpose (general household use). I reallly like it as well and think the additional weight of the 18v is just not worth it for general household uses. (When I built the fence around my back yard, the battery charged in about the same time (or faster) than I wore down the one in my drill.)

Congrats on making a smart purchase for your use,

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I bought for use at work. Love it. I agree its not as fast. No problem though since I only expected to use it at work for screws and such. Not drilling.

Only think I don't care for, and its an optional feature really, is the LED that lights up your work area (or **** area) is only lit while driving. I have a new Makita LiIon model for home, that has a similar feature, however, when you let go of the trigger the LED stays on for about 20 seconds. This way you can press the trigger momentarily to get the light on, use the light to line up and go to work. Can't do that with the Bosch, so it seems pointless to have the light at all.

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • -=Germania=-
    -=Germania=- Posts: 11
    edited July 2008
    Options
    How long does it keep the charge?
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Link no worky.
  • mmadden28
    edited July 2008
    Options
    We seldom have to charge it-We don't use it like a workhorse, so I would say weeks between charges. But its also Lithum-Ion so it doesn't lose its charge much at all when stored. At least not like the NiCad and NiMH.

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
  • mmadden28
    edited July 2008
    Options

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited July 2008
    Options

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Well since this as become what tools we like thread...

Here's mine love it, I use it to assemble boxes / product needed something small a powerful alone being light weight.

http://www.amazon.com/Hitachi-DB3DL-3-6-Volt-Li-Ion-Cordless/dp/B000H2P05Q/ref=pd_ts_zbs_hi_228332_5?pf_rd_p=237178801&pf_rd_s=right-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=228332&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=01K42MZ45X3ZDSPFJA6W

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• mmadden28
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    It's so cute.

I have this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Makita-BTD140-Lithium-Ion-Impact-Driver/dp/B000EDPSSM/ref=sr_1_33?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1215754114&sr=1-33

It's very small and light weight. If the screw needs a little extra power this thing is an impact driver as well, it's an amazing little screw gun.

The Lithium-Ion battery lasts forever, I've done 3 jobs on 1 charge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdVsdmaAWEw&

That YouTube video demonstrates exactly what I said about the LED and the delay or not. (even though the model's are different. I have the Makita set (driver and impact driver).