new adcom looks sweet

Options
goingganzo
goingganzo Posts: 2,793
edited April 2003 in Electronics
i was serching ebay and came across this adcom GFA-7807 7 channel amp 300 wpc into 8 ohms all channels driven. list 3400 and selling on line for 2500 but get this weighs over 110lbs

the same place that is selling this has the b&k referance 200.7 for the same price

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/legacy2/adgfa7yesins.html
Post edited by goingganzo on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Of couse it is a nice amp and a great black market price. The question is are you man enough to buy it are just drool over it.
    If your asking my permission I say YES my man - do it!!!!! :D
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Gonzo, I am sensing you really want the ref200.7...that puppy will generate enough heat for the house. If you are in the market for such a monster, do check out the sherbourn 7/2100 too. It has master and slave transformer, 7 monoblock independent design, etc. A very capable contender to the 200.7....(115 lbs) better have it sit on the floor!
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • scottvamp
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I sence you really want some POWER. I feel you have an uncontrollable craving for amplification. Before you do buy one of these so the lights in your house won't dim.
    Home Power Cap :lol:
  • scottvamp
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I was thinking of buying this one - I may just sell an organ but I will what for Mantis's approval and or review.
    Is this amp really going to better than my all in one Apex setup....
    Maybe I'll Buy Two Just In Case :rolleyes:
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,078
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by scottvamp
    I was thinking of buying this one - I may just sell an organ but I will what for Mantis's approval and or review.
    Is this amp really going to better than my all in one Apex setup....
    Maybe I'll Buy Two Just In Case :rolleyes:

You kidding? That all in one apex setup could kick that amp's tail! :lol: btw - sweet amplifier, now that is a SILVER faceplate!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited April 2003
    Options
    but the b&k and adcom are about the same price. and how much gain would i get? alsothe adcom pre os alot cheaper than the b&k my gol is to own 1 of theamps befor the end of the year.
  • scottvamp
    edited April 2003
    Options
    They are both quality amps. They are the same price because they attract the same market of people. Simply buy and enjoy.
    OR just have Mantis TELL you what to do - either way.:D