Need to be eductated

Options
kelley
kelley Posts: 287
edited April 2003 in Electronics
Due to budget constraints and the fact that I have 5 Denon amps that I need to employ I am seriously considering the Denon AVP-8000. I know it is getting dated but they can be picked up for a decent price and from the reviews it seems it has a pretty decent 2 channel preamp section. My problem is I just don't understand enough of the HT terms to know what I would be getting! I need a good 2 channel piece but also need a decent HT setup above pro-logic. If anybody's bored and can take a look at the Denon or if somebody owns or has owned it could you please educate me? Like I said before, I researched it on the net but can't figure out what it can/can't do. My DVD has an optical out if that info would help. Thanks for any help. BTW, I have the AVP-5000 which is serving me fairly well but it's only pro-logic. I parked my Denon 1802 because it doesn't have rear pre-outs. Thanks
SDS-400, SDA-1B, SVS 20-39pc+, B&K Ref 50, Denon 2900
Post edited by kelley on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2003
    Options
    How much coinage are we looking at spending there, cochese?

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • kelley
    kelley Posts: 287
    edited April 2003
    Options
    It depends, the more I spend on my processor means the longer I have to wait for my SVS! I actually don't care about 6.1 or 7.1 I just need a decent surround other than pro-logic
    SDS-400, SDA-1B, SVS 20-39pc+, B&K Ref 50, Denon 2900