Buy a Denon 2803?

Options
morley
morley Posts: 9
edited April 2003 in Electronics
Hi All,

I'm about to purchase a Denon 2803. I would like to find out if anyone has listened to this receiver with RT800i or similar speakers. Any opinions on this Receiver? Competition? I can't find any reviews yet, so any opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Morley

Using: RT800i, CS400i, RT25i, D-Box301 Sub
Post edited by morley on

Comments

• Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Denon and your speakers are a very good match-up, both from an impedance and acoustic standpoint. Ask Mantis - he sells a lot of Denon AVRs and probably has heard the 2803. It has most of the features of the 3803, except the Burr Brown DACs and the video upconversion (which I don't use anyway).

For a HT application, this AVR is very good, since it has 7 amp channels, it does 7.1 with all the latest surround processing, and it has flexible bass management - all very important features for me. Run the speaks on small with a dedicated sub and you've got plenty of amp power for the speaks.

The competition from the other big names is also very good, and any other model from a competitor would have to include the same features listed above in order for it to have my consideration. Look at Pioneer Elite, Onkyo, Harman Kardon, Yamaha, Sony ES and compare.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited April 2003
    Options
    as the Doc pointed out,yes I firmly believe in Denon with rt series polk speakers.This in my opnion is a great match.

I have heard all of Denons current and most of the past products.

Competition would be Marantz and Pioneer Elite.They both have a very smooth and warm.

Remember buying a receiver is a personal adventure,make sure you addres all of your needs before you buy.Denon does offer more features then any other receiver line.They are the KING of features.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.