What did you buy this weekend?

Options
2»

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2003
    Options
    that is the mother of all receivers.. nice going.. bet it ROCKS da house! :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited March 2003
    Options
    I put on a new set of brakes for my car. I am a big spender.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Another softball tounament for my daughter's High school softball team. The Lady Devils finished 2nd out of 20 teams. Had to play 4 straight games back to back to get to the championship game and by then had run out of gas. Beat the defending state champs twice in the weekend to get to the championship game. 2 games Friday night 6 games on Saturday. Got to the park at 9:00 AM and left at 11:30 PM. (I don't know how these kids do it). I had to drive all night to get home so she could leave at 12 noon the next day to go to Florida for spring break trip with her church youth group.

Motel Room - $70
    gas - $50
    food - $40
    2 day tourament pass - $10
    8 quarts of gatorade - $20
    8 packs of sunflower seeds - $6
    5 cups of coffee - $5 (for the trip home that started at 11:30 PM and ended at 4:30 AM after 14 1/2 hours at the ballpark)

Worth every penny and every minute I spend. They grow up way to fast. She's off to college in 6 months and it seems like she was just born yesterday.

Here is a picture of team captain "Shack" acepting the 2nd place trophy.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2003
    Options
    One more pic of the team. Shack is on the end holding the trophy.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Congrats to the little chip off the ol' shackster...

This weekend I nabbed a couple missing Joe Jackson CD's, Will Power based on F1's recommendation, and This is It.. the A&M Years dbl CD compilation for a little more research before I continue to fill in my JJ gaps...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited March 2003
    Options
    OSI-Office Of Strategic Influence
    Porcupine Tree - Coma Divine (expanded and remastered ed.)

will be picking up the WHo's Next Deluxe Edition today hopefully and pass on the Floyd SACD. I already have Dark Side 15th anniversary box set of it.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I picked up the soundtrack to Mission Impossible 2. I am the king of buying older music. I can't remember the last time I bought something within a year of its release. Anyways, I got it for my girlfriend, but I have full intentions of burning myself a copy.