Polk computer speakers

Options
rs159
rs159 Posts: 1,027
edited April 2003 in Speakers
My grandparents got a pair of these with their HP computer a few years ago. Does anybody know anything about these?

i-1.JPG
Post edited by rs159 on

Comments

• avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited April 2003
    Options
    well I know they still ship with HP computers because my grandfather got a CPU and it came with those.

Other than that I know nothing.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • rs159
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I actually listened to them once. The bass ain't there, but it's more than could be expected from something so tiny. The highs are kinda indistinct, but they are still there. They had no power other than straight from the soundcard, and whenever it hit lows or highs it would clip.

It seems like HP designs their computers around those speakers because the sound card was integrated in the motherboard and it had enough power to make the speakers play at intelegible volume, but nothing more.

IMO, I think it's an insult to Polk. People who don't know that much about audio will think all Polks sound like those itty bitty computer speakers.
  • rs159
    edited April 2003
    Options
    OMG, people are bidding up to $10 for those things on ebay!

Oh well, I guess in a crazy world where bose sells the most speakers and where "5000 WATTS!!!!!" is what people think indicates quality stuff like that can happen