Finshed my 18" sub .......Old school fosgate and HPSA 1000

Options
2»

Comments

• Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited March 2008
    Options
    I understand the Isobarics just havent tackled one of them yet. I bet its nicely controlled even if it is a bandpass, being that its a push pull Looks nice not real big and you dont notice it. I was never a fan of bandpasses because guys were always building the 6db boxes and they just didnt sound good LOUD as hell but ......
    Now that Ive seen a coffee table in use might just have to jump off and try it !!
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • ShinAce
    ShinAce Posts: 1,194
    edited March 2008
    Options
    For home theater, where you need some real low end rumble, and the punch of the bass is coming from the mains, it fits the bill nicely.

For music, I'd take a decent vented 12" anyday.
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited April 2008
    Options
    OK i was worried about phase and a whole lotta other stuff was even going to tack on 2 10s to boot to the eighteen so i could still keep some midbass. I finally stuck the big beast under the stairs (still havent got it formicad yet ) Gotta work too. Well I just listened too it and.(UNDER the STAIRS) I set it up to start with right next to the 1.2s and it was pretty darn impressive But thats not where I can have it . So I stuck it under there too make momma happy and let her have the living room back. (wow) Im probably gonna put my Velodyne in a whole different setup now Damn ! That puppy gits it!!!! I dont need a RTA too hear that kinda difference. Be nice too know but eeeehhhh Im just going to enjoy it for now. Now I think Im gonna build a a set of fifteens muhahahah for what ever reason. I think I need intervention this has got too be a syndrome of somekind damn sure an addiction.

The eighteen picks up where the 1.2s start to roll off. Ive got the sub set up just loud enought to hear and feel and the sound stage is still forward and doesnt muddy the mid bass. Im one happy camper now.

MUhahahha!!! ladida!!
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited April 2008
    Options
    I think I need intervention this has got too be a syndrome of somekind damn sure an addiction.
    Its too late there is no intervening now,you are headed down that slippery slope and no one here can help you with your plight.Good luck.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • ShinAce
    ShinAce Posts: 1,194
    edited April 2008
    Options
    YES! Learn the ways of the dark side.