Systemdek IIX Turntable

dcarlson
dcarlson Posts: 1,740
edited April 2003 in 2 Channel Audio
Has anyone here listened to a Systemdek IIX turntable? How would you rate it against a Rega P3?

I'm very new to turntables and I can pick this one up used but not sure.

Thanks,

Derick.
SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
Post edited by dcarlson on

Comments

• fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited April 2003
    I'm thinking about picking up a turntable myself. I just bought my very first record....go ahead and laugh....It's Linkin Park's Meteora! :lol:
  • dcarlson
    edited April 2003
    :lol:

Man, I mean no disrespect but I hope your going to get some classic rock for that turntable. ;) Stones, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Floyd, etc. I find vinyl does the older music so much justice vs CDs it's unreal.

I can't wait to spin the black circle.

Anything on that Systemdek?

Derick.

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • bsmith15
    bsmith15 Posts: 23
    edited April 2003
    Have not heard of Systemdek but the link below is to a discussion forum at Audiogon where you may get some ideas.

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/srch_fr.pl?systemdek&zzANY
  • dcarlson
    edited April 2003
    Fireshoes,

Have you started looking for a turntable or are you just in the initial stages of make the leap? If yes, what have you looked at?

Derick.

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2003
    Unfortunatly I have only listened to the table I have. I wish there were some places around MD to listen to some demo tables. I think in Chicago there are several places to listen but that doesn't do much for the rest of us. Good luck!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited April 2003
    I'm in the early stage. I already read the thread you where you were discussing it awhile back.
  • dcarlson
    edited April 2003
    It's sad that vinyl is so over looked as old technology, I know not too long ago I thought it wasn't worth going that route. It would be nice if more stores carried turntables and vinyl to give people an idea of how good it sounds. I was never really exposed to records growing up, I listened to cassettes and my memory of vinyl has always been of the cracks and pops of a scratched and dirty record. No so anymore.

I'm headed to Toronto this up coming weekend. I'm hoping to check out some audio stores there. There's a big record show on the Sunday, I'm making a list of albums I want to pick up and then go record crazy. Mostly older stuff.

Derick.

• dcarlson
    edited April 2003
    Fireshoes,

I'm still pretty early too but going to make the plunge soon.

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited April 2003
    dcarlson,
    I'm from Toronto. When you come down here, make sure you check out Bay Bloor Radio located in downtown Toronto. It's a large audio/video store and they carry some nice high end stuff. I've been shopping there for the past year and will continue to shop there until I find a better place. The salespeople are very friendly and they really, really know their ****. They also LOVE to talk about audio wheter it's speakers, cables, amps, there's an expert working for each component. I love it. I went there for some monster speaker cables yesterday and the guy whipped out sample pieces of every cable and explained to me about all the technology in each cable and their strenghts and weaknesses. He actually saved me money by recommending a 14 or 16gauge for the HF instead of the 12 that I wated. They're so cool, they even stripped my wires for me and asked if I wanted them terminated. I will be heading back there in about a month for a Rega P3. That store kix ****!

Maurice
  • dcarlson
    edited April 2003
    Cool, I actually was going to hit Bay Bloor Radio. My buddy had his 1970s Dual Turntable fixed there. I also sent them an email to see if they would be able to service the Systemdek if I decided to buy it cause the company has been out of business for a while.

It's been a couple of years since I've been downtown T.O., I'm really looking forward to it. It's always a blast. GO Leafs GO.

Thanks for the heads up.

Derick.