do i need to say this?

Options
Micah Cohen
Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
You guys... Change sucks, don't it? But this is a change for the better. You just have to let it happen. The old forum software was problematic, ugly, ungainly and didn't work the way the best web forums work. This one does. I'm not having any of the problems you guys are having either here or on other forums that work the same exact way -- one of which I am on every day, never have a problem.

Get a grip, get back on board, and let's have some fun with this thing. All this bitching is not fun.

Jason just brought in Krispy Kremes, so I gotta zip. But come on...

MC
ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited July 2001
    Options
    This looks like the Klipsch message board, but they have animated icons that are really cool.

I am not liking the "Polkie" thing, I would rather be known as "The Polker", like RuSsMaN said Polkie sound like the receiving end of The Polker, we need more chicks in here!

A Polker went into a bar and sat next to a Polkie and said, can I buy you a drink.........
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2001
    Options
    no gripes other than the whole polkie thing, but it is fun to whine about. The rest is just getting used to it, like not knowing who people are anymore. No biggies though.

Let's press on

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Micah Cohen
    edited July 2001
    Options
    We had this idea from a previous thread (I think it was Jeff-Colorado), to "rank" everyone by the number of posts they post. We came up with a big list of "ranks" ("Polkergeist," "Polkist," "Polkahontas," "Polker," etc etc -- don't we have anything important to do here?) and used this nifty software to have the amount of posts ranked with names. I don't know. Maybe it isn't so funny. I think that once you get to the threshold of a name change (and your title changes from "Polkie," which is sort of a "newbie," to "Polkster" or "Polkazoid" or something later) it would be sort of funny and contribute to the "family feeling."

That was the idea, anyway.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited July 2001
    Options
    I want "Da Man!" under my name. Justin, please fix. Remember Justin, I live in Baltimore. I know where Polk headquarters are. I will find you and make you change my title from Polkie to Da Man! Then we'll go out and have beer and crabs and celebrate my new title. Of course, we'll make Micah the Writer pay the bill.

This new software is not too bad. It'll grow on everyone. I have no problem using it.

Just have fun with it folks. Remember, there are more important things in life to get worried about. I'm thankful that Polk dedicates the time, money and manpower to provide us with this forum.

With that said, Justin, get on with my name change!
    No excuses!
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited July 2001
    Options
    I dig the new site. It's much better than the old.

So how many posts do we need to make to get upgraded from Polkie?

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Originally posted by Ron-P
    I dig the new site. It's much better than the old.

So how many posts do we need to make to get upgraded from Polkie?

Post!:D

Thanks Ron,

~JB
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2001
    Options
    with Ron, this is veddy, veddy cool.....

Ron,
    about the posting thing, Russ and I were on them about that yesterday but I think they are **** with us. I plan to just keep posting every chance I get to see ( I really have nothing better to do.)

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • hlalanne
    hlalanne Posts: 183
    edited July 2001
    Options
    I don't know about the new software, but it may just grow on me.
    only time will tell..

:( change is bad
    Wooden Delight Theater

9/11
    NEVER Forget !!!
  • jeffeb3
    jeffeb3 Posts: 106
    edited July 2001
    Options
    yes, when i was bored and had an idea I suggested the ranks. I take ALL credit for good feedback and I'll only accept one twentieth of the bad feedback. Sorry, I'm spoiled and I don/t like (-) feedback. I'd be satisfied with the polkenator! I like the new forum except: (sorry in advance) it takes longer, but...DON'T change it back whatever you do I like this much better. It just forces me to upgrade my line from the crappy 19.2kbs connection I have through **** cables to a dsl or sat connection.
  • hlalanne
    hlalanne Posts: 183
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Ya, what are the post amounts for each level ?
    :confused:
    Wooden Delight Theater

9/11
    NEVER Forget !!!
  • polkster13
    polkster13 Posts: 37
    edited July 2001
    Options
    I believe you have to have 50 posts to go from Polkie to Polkster. They should have set the frist level at ten and then the second level at 50. Oh well, 50 here I come.
  • Micah Cohen
    edited July 2001
    Options
    We'll never ever tell!

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com