SDA comparison.

Options
sgtgto
sgtgto Posts: 310
edited April 2003 in Speakers
HI:

How does the sda series stack up to the newer speakers in terms of color, timbre, detail, and presence, in the mid and high end?

Thanks

Gary
Post edited by sgtgto on

Comments

• sgtgto
    edited March 2003
    Options
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Which newer speakers are you refering to?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• sgtgto
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Hi:

I have four front spks. Two RT2000s and two RT800s in parallel. Powered by a B&K 340W amp. Sounds fantastic.

Gary
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Ok, I haven't heard any of the RT's, so I'd be talking out my arse about how they compare. If you're happy with your RT's, that's all that matters. I'll take my SDA's anyday.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• abmarsh
    abmarsh Posts: 109
    edited March 2003
    Options
    I recently auditioned a setup consisting of LSi 15s, 7s, and a PSW 450 subwoofer. It served to remind of just how good my SDA-2s still sound.
  • Big Dan R
    Big Dan R Posts: 131
    edited April 2003
    Options
    The other day I auditioned a setup containing RTi150's powered by a harmon/kardon reciever. It sounded pretty good, but not as good as most SDA models.