AMR50 problem

Options
glennsmga
glennsmga Posts: 2
Hi. I have a set of Polk AMR50 computer speakers. There is a cable that runs from the soundcard to the speakers. The plugs have light green ends. When I plug the green ended plug all the way into the subwoofer, I only get sound from one of the 2 satellite speakers. When I pull the green plug slightly out of the subwoofer, both satellite speakers work. There is obviously something wrong here. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks! Glenn

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Plug the speakers into a Walkman or CD Player, see if they both play. If they do not, then you probably have a short. If they do, then the subwoofer end is the likely problem, and the short is probably behind the connector. Just a guess. I had a similar issue with a pair of headphones that "magically" went away after furiously plugging it in about 10 times. I don't recommend that as a fix, :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.