Kenneth Swauger I have lost most mid- high range in my Lsi9 on the left speaker.

Shannon W.
Shannon W. Posts: 568
edited April 2003 in Troubleshooting
what do i need to do? I have switch the speakers to see if it was the reciver and it stays with the same speaker when switched to the right channel. any help would be great. you can e-mail me @ Imlow78@charter.net
thanks Shannon
50" Samsung Plasma
Sony STR-DA4ES "use as Pre/amp"
Pioneer Elite DV-45A DVD Player
DLO HomeDock Deluxe iPod docking station
Directv HR20 Sat. Receiver in black
Sunfire Cinema Grand 7 Signature Amp
Monster Cable AVS2000
Monster Cable HTPS 5100 MKII
Polk LSi 9's Front R/L
Polk LSiC Center
Polk LSiFX R/L Surround
Polk LSi 7's Rear R/L
SVS PB12-Plus/2
Velodyne SMS-1
Sony PS3
Click Here To View my Rig
Post edited by Shannon W. on

Comments

• fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited March 2003
    I would consider removing the driver just in case the wire came loose. I've seen it happen before. Might be a quick fix for you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited April 2003
    Hello,
    The first thing to do is to remove the driver from the enclosure, take out the six screws holding it in place and pull it forward. Disconnect the two wires that are attached to the driver's terminals. Then, at a low playing volume, try playing the driver directly powered by your amplifier. If it is damaged you would want to send it to Polk Audio, 2550 Britannia Blvd., Suite D, San Diego, CA. 92154. Please include a short note giving us your name and address and a copy of your sales receipt.
    Regards, Ken
  • Shannon W.
    Shannon W. Posts: 568
    edited April 2003
    Update:
    I just opened up the right speaker and unhooked both drivers and the tweeter. then did what you said to do ,all three speakers are working fine. now for the hard part. when I sit in my listening spot the left speaker sound much more dominate then the right. now for my question. could the right speaker have just now got broke in and the left is not or vice versa? any help would be great..
    thanks Shannon
    50" Samsung Plasma
    Sony STR-DA4ES "use as Pre/amp"
    Pioneer Elite DV-45A DVD Player
    DLO HomeDock Deluxe iPod docking station
    Directv HR20 Sat. Receiver in black
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 7 Signature Amp
    Monster Cable AVS2000
    Monster Cable HTPS 5100 MKII
    Polk LSi 9's Front R/L
    Polk LSiC Center
    Polk LSiFX R/L Surround
    Polk LSi 7's Rear R/L
    SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1
    Sony PS3
    Click Here To View my Rig
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited April 2003
    Hello,
    While some breaking in will occur, I don't believe it could account for the differences you are hearing. Is one speaker closer to any kind of room boundary, a wall or corner, than the other speaker? If so, this can account for quite a significant difference in the channel balance. Also, it would be a good idea to swap the two speakers. This would determine if the problem remains in the same channel or follows the speaker.
    Regards, Ken
  • freid
    freid Posts: 24
    edited April 2003
    Sounds like you need to check on the crossover.