curious

gsounds
gsounds Posts: 1
edited March 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
To whom it concerns, I am looking to attain information about stickers to apply to vehicle and/or house. I am a dedicated fan, but have no knowlegde as to where to receive any of these items. Some feedback would be fantastic! On top of all, I would like to show off and advertise my equipment.
Post edited by gsounds on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited March 2003
    funny you said advertise...thats exactly what youre doing for thieves if you put in your vehicle
    be careful and i hope you have an alarm
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2003
    ... and a pager for the alarm, and a crow bar to thwart said thieves when you run out to your car and see three guys named Bubba, Bubba Ray, and Bubba Joe, all hacking at your car.

*points to self* <--- has limo tint for security, not ghetto-fabulousness.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited March 2003
    *points to self* Stealth installs, can't steal what you can't see. Only thing that gives any clue is the two black dots on the doors that are the tweters. You can't even tell what they are because there is no name brand visible on them. The only really visible part of the box is the center section that is just a tray to hold stuff like gloves or bags or whatever. The amp and CD changer are in a box behind the passenger seat and teh sub is behind teh driver's seat. Since I have high-back buckets, they cover up the stuff pretty well. I also have a hard tonneau cover that makes it difficult for would-be theives to access the rear of the cab. Even if they could, the stock tinting on the rear window inhibits inward visibility pretty well.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited March 2003
    well my tweetes are pretty much concealed by my dash and my subs are under the backseat but the only thing thats really visible is the grilles
    but i really dont have to worry about the subs unless they have a long time to steal them and a get a way car near by
    the box goes across the whole back seat with 2 mm120s
    it is HEAVY
    and getting it out it fun too since its only a 2 door
    you have to have at least 2 ppl
    and plus the little blinking light on the dash might help
    the only thing im really worried about is the radio
    theyre so easy to steal in gm trucks
    once i get in to the truck i can take the radio out in about 10 seconds
    literally
    that part of the dash just snaps in
    so you just pull it till it breaks(not hard...its plastic) and pull out the radio, undo the harness and ur out
    it takes me about a minute to do it without breaking anything
    -Cody
  • Keske944
    Keske944 Posts: 134
    edited March 2003
    Whats stealth? I don't have room for stealth. However, when your amps are mounted underneath a 1/2" sheet of acrylic thieves usually don't bother whit that hassle. First off acrylic dosn't smash. Second, when an alarm is going off one does not usually take the time to remove eighteen screws just to GET TO THE AMPS. Acrylic... gods gift to car audio.
    Patience... patience...

Screw patience... Crank the volume and floor it you panzie.
  • Jstas
    edited March 2003
    You don't have room for stealth but you have room for acrylic amplifier mounts?

Everything i have is hidden. Nothing is out in the open. I go to extra lengths to fidn creative places to mounts stuff out of the way. Function over form. Who cares if its pretty, as long as runs great!

• Keske944
    edited March 2003
    Acutally the amps will be mounted with t-nuts to a piece of plywood under the carpet. the acrylic will be mounted on 4" long 1" diameter posts to the plywood. In this way the amps will be underneath the acrylic so I can still see them but wont be able to set anything on top of teh directly (they are fan cooled and I didn;'t want to block the exhaust port). Install should be happining in the next six months. I have just ordered my batteries. All that I need is one more amp (waiting for tax return) adn teh wiring. Than it's picture time!
    Patience... patience...

• PoweredByDodge
    edited March 2003
    dude u been building this thing for like 5 months now ? longer ?-- its like a baby in the womb -- another month and your water is gonna break.

lol. :D

i used to be all into stealth-a-fying stuff... then i just, i dunno, u know what it is - the goddamn people i'd show it to would be like "um, that's ****, it's loud, sounds nice, but it looks just like any other car".

so, being a very impressionable person and such, i gutted my entire truck and did the exact opposite of a stealth install. which then required limo tint on 3 windows, 50% on the fronts, raising my bucket backs so that if i put the middle seat (folds down as an arm rest) up in front it's like a wall of seat so you cant really see in back, and praying to god every day that they just walk by it and say...
    Random Thug in Training: "Yo -- yo yo... jamal... look at dis hizzy, we be shakin this **** down lil bro."
    Jamal: "No way, that's just a hoopty dodge, nobody wants a dodge, lets go rob that ford F-150 Harley Edition over there."
  • Jstas
    edited March 2003
    I've always had the opposite reaction. It's always been "THAT is making all that noise?!?!?!?!?!"

Besides, its not for everyone else, its for me. I know what is there and I get to listen to it every day. When I had my car before I got my truck, you couldn't see anthing at all. Everything was behind the panels except for the sub which was hidden in the trunk which was pretty large. You would have to bend down and look in the trunk to see the sub, otherwise it it just looked like a box bungee corded to the seat support to keep it from sliding around. All the speakers were in factory locations and the Kenwood MASK unit blended with the dash. If the car wasn't running and head unit wasn't on I would get people, especially at the track, say things like "I didn't know you could get a radio delete on one of these!??"

Now I have the truck and because its a standard cab, there is considerably less room. I have the dB components all around and since most people who are of such low stature in society to have the gall to rip someone off, wouldn't know what a Polk dB is or why its so special. So anonymity is a pretty good weapon too. But I like it and I think its cool and most people are 1 of three things when it comes to my truck: 1.) impressed, 2.) jealous or 3.) scared but I don't think anyone has told me that they don't like it.

• Keske944
    edited March 2003
    Yes Vinnie its a baby all right. I could have installed eacha and every part as I got it but decided to wait until I had everything so i could get the whole thing done at once. It kinda pisses me off to see all of teh Polk MOMO boxes sitting around my room and not in mycar yet, but once they are in there it will be beautiful and loud.
    Patience... patience...

• PoweredByDodge
    edited March 2003
    .. until then -- power on sparcomatic!

hey -- i'm pissin happy today -- i got the install job i was up for. they don't sell polk but oh well. i'll live :)
  • north51
    north51 Posts: 66
    edited March 2003
    Congrats on the new job Dodge!!