FYI: Lion King on 10/7

Options
dylan
dylan Posts: 453
edited March 2003 in Music & Movies
This may have been posted before, but I just got notice from Amazon The Lion King has a release date of October 7th. It's a ways off still, but I'm really looking forward to this one. Even the sound on our well worn VHS tape is great.
Post edited by dylan on

Comments

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited March 2003
    Options
    A must purchase.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • tonyv1
    tonyv1 Posts: 365
    edited March 2003
    Options
    A definite addition to the collection. But why such a long lead time? Still waiting for Aladdin!
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering when they would finally release it.
    No excuses!
  • dylan
    dylan Posts: 453
    edited March 2003
    Options
    I think Disney has some marketing formula so they can release a movie, hook a generation on the movie and merchandise, then release it on video years later to hook another 'generation' on the same movie and stuff. Then you get 2 rounds of Burger King Simba Happy Value Fantastico Meals with Pumbaa fries!
  • tonyv1
    tonyv1 Posts: 365
    edited March 2003
    Options
    That's right! Disney creates the seven year itch marketing. They release a title for a limited time and then back into the vaults for another seven years!
  • BeginnersLuck
    BeginnersLuck Posts: 213
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Disney's vault method is a bunch of crap...soryy to vent, but I just hate it!
    TWFTPQ
    Receiver: Outlaw 1050
    Amps: Outlaw M-200 x 3 (Powering Mains and Center)
    Mains: RT800i; Center: CS400i; Surrounds: F/X500i
    Sub1: 214L Vented Tempest
    Sub2: 122L Sealed Tempest
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by tonyv1
    That's right! Disney creates the seven year itch marketing. They release a title for a limited time and then back into the vaults for another seven years!

I thought that it was a 10 year thing.......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • jdavy
    jdavy Posts: 380
    edited March 2003
    Options
    I am going to get this one when it is released. Hopefully they will release Aladin soon as well.