Test fired the engines

Options
burdette
burdette Posts: 1,194
Well, I put power to driver last night for the first time. My sub isn't finished, but all the component parts are done. I've actually slowed down a bit because I wanted to have some construction pics, but my wife has been out of town with our digital camera. She gets back tomorrow.

It works.. at least it moves air and made some glass rattle on the Monster's Inc. sock destruction. There is definitely a lower lower-end than I had - a more... solid foundation. I'm not making any judgements yet, considering the tube isn't lined, and the top, bottom and tube are just sitting together - no glue. It seems to boom a little, but I think once I actually put the thing together, line the tube, secure the port, etc, it'll be more controlled. Plus, frankly, my gear wasn't recreating the bottom octave and a half from 40Hz down to the teens... what I am hearing just might be plain old low bass and no booming at all!

I need to download the low frequency sweep and burn a CD. I haven't run a set-up DVD or anything yet.. no use to do that until final construction is completed. But, it WORKS! I, of course, had a knot in my stomach imagining trying to trouble-shoot when it didn't fire up.

I am absolutely thrilled with the way the build has turned out - neat, clean, sharp. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Thanks again for all the help I've received here.
Post edited by burdette on

Comments

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Excellent!

Sounds like you'll have a house wrecker soon...

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Good deal - great to see all that posting back and forth and hours of reasearch finally pay off and materialize into a product for you. Can't wait to see the pics and the FR sweep.
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS