Any chance?????

George Poynter
George Poynter Posts: 1
edited March 2003 in Troubleshooting
Two days ago I purchased a pr. of FXi 30's and had to take them in black. The dealers story is because of the large lots he buys in they chose not to order any white ones. I plan to color match the speaker color to the walls of our home (off white) my question is.... there some way I can swap out my speaker screens for the white ones? The speakers are still in the box. Any considration would be appriciated.
Post edited by George Poynter on

Comments

• phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited March 2003
    Not sure about swapping, but you can probably order white ones from Polk. They are most likely very cheap. Roughly around $15 or so each. Call Polk customer service and see what they can do.

Congrats on the purchase, and welcome to the forum. :)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited March 2003
    What dealer is that?they won't order you white??I would take them back fi there not what you want.Go to a local CC and order(if they don't have in stock)a white pair.It's better to get what you want and wait other then to settle on what you don't.I wouldn't modify the speakers you have.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited March 2003
    There were recently a few pair white fxi30's NIB going for a song on eBay. Check it out.
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • kberg
    kberg Posts: 974
    edited March 2003
    I agree with mantis - you should get what YOU want for what YOU paid for!
    Mains: polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired)
    Center: polkaudio CSi40 (bi-wired)
    Surrounds: polkaudio FXi30's
    Rear Center: polkaudio CSi30
    Sub: SVS 20-39 PC+
    Receiver: ONKYO TX-SR600
    Display: JVC HD-56G786
    DVD Player: SONY DVP-CX985V
    DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
    Remote: Logitech Harmony H688
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2003
    Take em back, get what you want. Stand up for yourself for Creest' sake.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.