Swordfish

wodom1
wodom1 Posts: 1,054
edited November 2001 in Music & Movies
just got finished watching swordfish. it's an awesome movie. lots of action and a cool plot. and for micah, halle berry shows some skin.
"I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
Polk Audio LSiC
Polk Audio FXi30
Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
Sony Playstation 3
Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
Rotel 985 MK II
Rotel 1072 CDP
Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
Post edited by wodom1 on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited October 2001
    i missed this in theaters, i'm going to have to rent it. i've heard alot of good things. what in particular made it an 'awesome' movie in your opinion?
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited October 2001
    I've read some great reviews. I plan on a purchase on Tueaday.

Even if it is just for some Berry boobage, it is worth a purchase.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited October 2001
    I didn't think too much of the movie, but Halle Berry is SO hot! I love that girl. The **** are actually somewhat disappoiting, I thought....but I'd definitely take her up on the offer.

Aaron
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited November 2001
    i can't really think of anything in particular that made it awesome, unless you count the fantastit halle berry scene (there's a message in there somewhere...) . i just really enjoyed it and thought it was a cool flick. the opening scene is a bank robbery and it's really cool. if you like action/dramas, check it out.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited November 2001
    I think the producer of this DVD movie try to cut the corner, he put this DVD in one of the very lousy, cheap looking case:mad:
  • SPEAKER7
    SPEAKER7 Posts: 355
    edited November 2001
    I just picked up my copy yesterday and they where selling it for
    20.68 canadian.....which is about 13.00 us....and my copy was fitted in the cheap card board case and not the plastic snap on covers......it made me think....is this dvd that bad because the price was so cheap for a new release and the packaging also......when i purchased the last two stallone (get carter and driven dvd's) they where in the same type of casing and the movies/dvd was pretty bad. ......just my opinion!!!!!

i hope it's going to be better................

dc.:confused:
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited November 2001
    No Kidding, the DVD case is worse than the free one that came from AOL...:mad:
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited November 2001
    I guess I'll rent it, or pick it up for the office if it's a cool demo disc. I am an anti-john travolta fan, tho. I hate him enough to stay away, even from a movie with nudity in it.

I don't want any of my money going to his cult.

But Halle Berry... I'd like to see her debase herself with some gratuitious nudity.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • justpolkme
    justpolkme Posts: 18
    edited November 2001
    watch the intro slow-mo special effects ("the entire reason for creating this movie"), and you think you're in for a sweet ride...

ok, i'll give you the boob shots. spectacular. but really, a lot of rediculous filler to stretch this non-event into a measly hour and a half film. save your time and money. search for the **** shots on the internet.
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited November 2001
    rented this over the weekend. the opening bank sequence was pretty impressive. the rest of the movie was entertaining but nothing great! halle berry definitely keeps your interest in the movie.
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited November 2001
    Micah joins the fray, having finally seen SWORDFISH this weekend. This movie sucked and I'll tell you why: John Travolta.

He's awful. He can't act. He can't speak. He's not "menacing" like he's supposed to be in everything now, all rehashes of his stupid "acting" in "Pulp Fiction." He's just the worst actor working today, and even worse is that he is "a big star." He needs to stop working. EVEN WORSE is that all the money he makes on these dumbass, poorly acted movies goes right to his cult/church. He's such a bland, lame, liberal wacko that you just can not watch him try to play a bad-****. The English henchman in SWORDFISH, one of his lame I-wanted-to-be-in-DIE HARD bunch of guys, the guy who was in SNATCH I think, is MUCH more menacing, how come he wasn't the bad guy? Someone call John Travolta and tell him to STOP ACTING.

Okay, aside from that, the movie sucked because it was tedious and poorly constructed... and Halle Berry's moment in the sun? Big whoop. She wasn't "acting," she was just sitting there. So what? Was being topless like that "a big thing" for her as an actress? What a lame actress. Listen, Paul saw "Slums of Beverly Hills" over the weekend -- which not only has Marisa Tomei in it, but it has Marisa Tomei ACTING while naked, with a vibrator (and it's a very funny movie). That's being naked, what Marisa Tomei did. What Halle Berry did? That's just to sell a **** movie that has nothing else going for it.

Special effects? It's that Matrix-slo-mo effect again for the umpteenth time. Is no one in hollywood THINKING?!

I HATE JOHN TRAVOLTA!

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney