Millennium III Floorstanding speakers

Options
zingo
zingo Posts: 11,258
edited January 2008 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Check these out! I love PE for their projects.
These would be great speakers, although the parts list cost $730 not including wood and finishing.

http://www.partsexpress.com/projectshowcase/millennium3/index.cfm
Post edited by zingo on

Comments

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited December 2007
    Options
    That crossover looks like a pain to build.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • zingo
    edited December 2007
    Options
    I don't think it would be bad. If you have any electronics experience, it's just piecing things together in the right order.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Those gotta be the best speakers ever developed by a security and alarm tech......:rolleyes:
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Absolute zero WAF on those.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • zingo
    edited December 2007
    Options
    I would hope you would at least get some WAF credit because you built it.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Early B. wrote: »
    Absolute zero WAF on those.

Who cares...she isnt allowed in any of the mancaves any damn way. :D I like those...then again I also like yellow on the new vette too.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2008
    Options
    Men must have a Fugly gene encoded in them! YUCK!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • zingo
    edited January 2008
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Men must have a Fugly gene encoded in them! YUCK!

I've never really thought of that before, but I think your right. There are so many things that guys like that girls don't; ie mustaches.
  • zingo
    edited January 2008
    Options
    Oh ya, you can order all the electronics parts from them if you want to, but the wood, fabing, and finishing are all up to you. PE just gives you the plans.