LSi9 or LSi15?

Options
zinix
zinix Posts: 3
edited March 2003 in Speakers
Hi!

I am new in this forum..(My English is not good Please understand my writting)
I need you guys advise..

I have Denon AVR-2802
Front: Bose 701
Center: Bose VCS-10
Subwoofers: Polkaudio PSW450
Rear: Bose 301

Now I do like to change my front & center speakers..
I will go for LSiC for center speaker but hard to deside for 2 front speakers..
LSi15 has subwoofers on it but i have PSW450 so should I go for LSi9?
Or LSi15 is still good for my system..
Thanks in advance..
Have good day..
Post edited by zinix on

Comments

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Zinix,
    I don't see any audio source (CD, SACD) in your list, so strictly based on my opinion, if you spend enough time listening to audio source, I would go with LSi15 and use bass management to redirect the low to the sub. What I do on my system, I set both and it complement the low quite nicely, although I have to say the 9 is very good too...
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • zinix
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Sorry.. and thanks
    I am mostly watching movies... sometimes listening CDs..
    I have Sony DVD just basic one :)
    polkatese do you think in my case 9 better? if i don't spend enough time listening music?
    Thanks again..
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited March 2003
    Options
    I have the 15's and love them. Maybe it's the tower mystique? Ha ha! You definitely will want to replace your rear speakers also. I would 15's for the fronts and 9's for the back.
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited March 2003
    Options
    I'm gonna say 9s in the front, 7s in the back. The PSW450 should complement the 9s quite well, in my opinion.

The 9s go deeper than you think :)
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • polkatese
    edited March 2003
    Options
    zinix,
    I used to have the 2802, it is not an optimal amp to drive LSi9, since it's not rated to drive 4 ohms load. But, as long as you'd be gentle on the volume knob, you should be ok. LSi9 should do you good, it isn't that far behind the 15, very detailed and revealing just like its sibling.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • zinix
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Thanks for everyone kindly answer my questions :)
    I will get LSi9 & LSiC for now I don't have enough money to buy LSi15 together..
    I will save some money for LSi15 later..

polkatese,
    Ouch.. 2802 is not enough to drive LSi9... hmmm
    So what was your solution? Did you changed your receiver?
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Steve@3dai
    I'm gonna say 9s in the front, 7s in the back. The PSW450 should complement the 9s quite well, in my opinion.

The 9s go deeper than you think :)

I'm with steve on this one, go with the 9's unless you specificaly want towers.

I think your receiver has preamp outputs. You might want to consider getting a seperate amp or better receiver to feed those speakers some healthy power. ;)

Don't worry all *that* much though. As long as you don't crank it you should be ok, but in the long run add a receiver or seperate amp to the list.
  • polkatese
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by zinix
    polkatese,
    Ouch.. 2802 is not enough to drive LSi9... hmmm
    So what was your solution? Did you changed your receiver?
    zinix,
    I ended up upgrading my receiver (the beginning of this long upgrade journey since I bought those LSi) to Rotel receiver RSX-1065, the other thing that you might want to consider, at moderate volume, lSi9 will run your 2802 warmer than usual. LSi series are very revealing and detailed, the good news is I've been able to hear a lot more details from the CD/SACD. The bad news is I've been spending more money improving the signal path, hence money bleeding thru my ears....But, it is very satisfying and rewarding experience. The other night, I was listening to George Duke album, while I was listening the first song, I noticed there is an obvious off key notes at the beginning of the improv. I recue it to the spot, and sure enough it is there. It must have been a flaw during the mastering. The point being that I can hear those more so, since I upgraded to LSi. Love it....