Need Help !!-mounting speakers horizontally

Options
brentski
brentski Posts: 96
edited March 2003 in Speakers
I have a pr. of RT-35's(20 lbs.-- 15" H x 8.1" W x 11.9" D) that I want to mount on the wall horizonally. Polk suggested the B-Tech 77's.
These 'grab' the speaker from the bottom which would be fine if I was going to mount them upright.

However, I want to mount them horizontally. That would mean the mount would be grasping the speaker by the bottom and turning it 180 degrees so that it's horizontal.

That means that the speakers would be held from one end with the balance of the 15" speaker along with 95% of it's weight would be hanging sideways with no support.

B-Tech said that would not be the correct item for mounting the speaker horizontally and they didn't provide any alternatives.

Any suggestions out there from anyone who's had this type of problem?
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
brentski
Center; CS-400i
Main's; RT-55's
Side Surround's-RT-35's
Rear center;CS-300
Sub; SVS PB12-NSD
Post edited by brentski on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,040
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Really, So you don't butcher your speaker. I sugest getting a shelf made. Or build it yourself. IMO
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited March 2003
    Options
    I agree with the shelf idea. I mounted my RTi-35's on the wall normally, with the B-Tech 77 brackets. They don't expand enough to handle the height, and that model is the strongest of the bunch. I didn't find many brackets that could support the weight I needed.

You could just put Liquid Nails on the entire back and stick them on the wall? :lol: Definetly kidding.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • brentski
    brentski Posts: 96
    edited March 2003
    Options
    I'd love to be able to build it myself, but I definitely don't have the talent (nor the tools) to do so.

There's got to be a mount made for this type of need. So far I've searched all the sites I could find with no luck.
    Center; CS-400i
    Main's; RT-55's
    Side Surround's-RT-35's
    Rear center;CS-300
    Sub; SVS PB12-NSD
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited March 2003
    Options
    I don't know where you live but there are alot of pre-fab shelves you can buy almost anywhere. Easy install. IKEA is great, but may not be where you are located. :confused::D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.