which is best???

larrykwiat
larrykwiat Posts: 44
edited March 2003 in Speakers
I know this is a low end question but here goes....I have a rm6200 and a psw303 system. how does this compare to a r30 front with r20 rears and a csi20 center. there is a great deal at CC and I would get the upgrade in 12 months if desired. basically the r30's are $266 the r20's are $132 and the csi20 is $141 for a grand total of $530 with a free psw202. thanks in advance...
Post edited by larrykwiat on

Comments

• larrykwiat
    larrykwiat Posts: 44
    edited March 2003
    please anybody sale ends this week
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited March 2003
    here's what you do........

Go down to CC and bring your own dvd's and cd's.Sit down and listen.If you feel it sounds better,then go for it.If it doesn't sound better then the amount of money to get there,then think about it.

Don't ask me about upgrading,I always say......move up the ladder to better fedility........thats just what I do.

Good luck
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited March 2003
    You might find that you get better performance out of the R30 combo than then rm6200.

If the system is mostly used for home theater, I would save the cash and maybe consider a more substantial upgrade (RTi line) in the somewhat distant future. Or, I'd get two pairs of R40's or R50's for the front since those models have two drivers and one tweet, compared to the R30's one driver and tweet.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited March 2003
    I'd say go for it. It's only $30 difference and you will definitely get higher performance than from the rm6200.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited March 2003
    I agree with Phuz, I would personally prefer to go with either the R40's (I have a pair) or the R50's. Thats only if you choose to go that route. I think you would really enjoy the two woofs instead of just the one.