LSi15 Question

Options
Newfler
Newfler Posts: 4
edited March 2003 in Speakers
I recently bought the LSi15s and am duly impressed, but I have a question.

Is there a way to remove the fabric covers on the woofers on the sides of the speakers?

I'm going to have to clean them on occasion, and possibly replace the fabric at some point in the future and want to know if I can just pry out whatever is holding it in place for cleaning/replacing and then put it back.

I've got a Newfoundland dog (think big black St. Bernard if you can't picture the breed) that unfortunately slobbers on occasion:eek: so I end up with spots of drool on walls, furniture, and already a spot on the aforementioned fabric panel:supermad: I got this one quickly enough with a wet cloth to clean it in place, but when it dries, Newfy drool rivals epoxy for its staying power.

So, If anyone can tell me if I these panels are made to be removable or not so I can pry them out without damaging anything.
F: LSi15
C: LSiC
R: RM3000
Sub: PSW202
Rcvr: Onkyo 777
CD: Nakamichi
DVD: Sony
Post edited by Newfler on

Comments

• Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited March 2003
    Options
    If you do a search, you might come up with something, I remember a topic like that.

A jewelers screwdriver (flat head) covered in tape would be my idea.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    edited March 2003
    Options
    If no one here can help, then I'd call Polk customer service.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Yes, but you have to be very careful.

Take a thin knife or something thin and strong, preferably with no really sharp edges on it. Stick it between the edge of the "ring" and the wood and work it out a little bit. It doesn't take much, once you get enough to grab with your fingertips just pull it off. It's not held in by anything other than the wood.

Good luck, and be careful. :)
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2003
    Options
    I'd like to see what the woof on the 15 looks like, got a pic Phuz?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    I'd like to see what the woof on the 15 looks like, got a pic Phuz?

It looks just like the woof in the PSW-250. Not saying it is, but there is nothing special about it.

I can take a pic if you really want one for the ceiling in your bedroom or need some bathroom material.......
  • Newfler
    Newfler Posts: 4
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Thanks phuz, that's what I wanted to know before I tried prying it out withoug checking. :)
    F: LSi15
    C: LSiC
    R: RM3000
    Sub: PSW202
    Rcvr: Onkyo 777
    CD: Nakamichi
    DVD: Sony