Enough To push Lsi15's?

Clay19
Clay19 Posts: 27
edited March 2003 in Electronics
I have a Musical Designs D-75 Amp right now that i am using to push my RT55i's, Musical Design D-75B but I am about to purchase some Lsi's. Do you think that this amp has enough power to do the Lsi 15's justice? Or do you think it would be better if I settled for the Lsi9's paired with a sub? I really dont have the money to spend on a more powerful amp.
-Adcom GTP-502 Preamp
-Musical Designs D-75 Amp
-Polk Ebony LSi9's
-Sony NS500V SACD/CD/DVD
-Velodyne CHT-10
Post edited by Clay19 on

Comments

• Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited March 2003
    It should do a decent job at the 15s, but I would go for something around 200wpc for them.

Also, you wouldn't be "settling" for some 9s and a sub. I think with 9s and a sub you have a lot more placement and tweaking options.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2003
    Agreed on 'settling', it would hardly be that.

Try it if it's what you have. If it doesn't quite float yer boat, any chance of getting a second one, and bi-amping? Looks like a decent high current amp, I think you will be o-k.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Clay19
    Clay19 Posts: 27
    edited March 2003
    If i can get another one of the amps, i can get for $150, so do you think Biamping the Lsi9's instead of the 15's would yield a worthy improvement for $150?

~Clay
    -Adcom GTP-502 Preamp
    -Musical Designs D-75 Amp
    -Polk Ebony LSi9's
    -Sony NS500V SACD/CD/DVD
    -Velodyne CHT-10
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited March 2003
    If you can bi-amp, and want towers, then get the 15s. You wouldn't have to bi-amp with the 9s.

I only have about 120wpc going to my 9s, and they get loud and stay solid. I have an Arcam AVR-200.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200