Mm465

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited November 2001 in Car Audio & Electronics
I recently purchased a set of mm465 components , They are in a dakota R/T ext. cab in the front doors , The problem I am having is in the sound quality dept. They seem loud and tini sounding almsot ear percing , not just loud but annoying , Basically no warmth to them , I have them running from a alpine head off a punch 400.4 , I had them briged at first and they really sounded horrible so I just have them on one side of the amp now and they sound somewhat better but distort at higher volumes , Probably not enough power ?? What amp would you suggest for the best overall sound quality from these speakers , Also would you reccomend any type of encloser benind them like the speaker cups they make to go in the hole and then set the speaker in them in the doors ?? Are these just for loud playing or are they also supposed to be for SQ , Thanks any help or insites would be much appreciated !!
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• djsSHO
    djsSHO Posts: 36
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Try running the tweets at -3db's...there's a setting on the crossover for this...it will lower the output of the tweeters and give you the sound I think you are looking for.

Hope this helps,
    Derek S.
    1994 MTX SHO
    Polk MOMO 12"
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2001
    Options
    they are on the -3 setting , It sounds like the drivers that are anoying , Any suggestions on tweeter placement , they arein the doors above the drivers about a foot away , Help I want good sound !!!!!!!!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • jgprelude
    jgprelude Posts: 7
    edited November 2001
    Options
    I would make sure that the midbass driver is mounted correctly in the door, make sure there are no gaps between the basket of the driver and the mounting location. Try using some dynamat to seal any openings on the inside of the doorskin. Make sure both midbass drivers are in phase. If your tweeters are 1 ft away from the midbass drivers try turning the midbass extension switch on.

I think that part of your problem could be the output of your amplifier. The rated output of that amp is 50x4 rms at 13.8 volts, you may want to look it getting a stronger amplifier for your front stage. I have and alpine mrv-t707 (70x2 rms at 12v) on my mm465's crossed over at 85 hz. They sound great with no distortion at extremely high volumes.