FS: Speakers - NHT, AR, PSB

Options
RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited December 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
More house cleaning, and some changing of the guard.

AR 208HO

Dark Cherry finish, large bookshelf from the High Output series. 2-way, 8 inch woofer, 1 inch dome tweeter. Great bottom end, on the dark side of nuetral. Good condition, marks on bottom of cabs (out of sight) $100 + Shipping

NHT VT-1

Piano black, slim floorstander (40" H) from NHT. 2-way, dual 4.5" woofers, 1" dome tweeter, rear ported. Classic nuetral NHT sound. Good condition. $150 local pickup

PSB Alpha HT System

1 Alpha C Center Channel -
2 Alpha CLR speakers -
2 Alpha LR speakers -

This has been my HT setup for almost a year, just time to try something different. All 1 owner with original boxes and stellar condition. Buy the 5 speaker system for $old - shawn474

Pics to follow later this evening, early tomorrow morning. Please post interest in THIS thread.

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Russman,
    I am in the mood to try something new as well. Let's talk about the PSB system - Mark just sold me the Subsonic 6 and I love it. It is the Image series. Any idea how it will blend with the Alpha system that you are selling.

Put me in for dibs, please.

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2007
    Options
    It could be your last HT system, honestly. They're outstanding speakers, I just like to rotate the HT every year or so to stay 'current' with what's out there.

I'll get the pictures up tomorrow.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited December 2007
    Options
    I owned some PSB Alpha's for a short time. They are excellent HT speakers and a terrific value. If I didn't loathe Russ with the hatred of a thousand men, I might buy them for myself :)

Russ, you gonna be around tomorrow afternoon? I'm going to be up off 121 and might be able to grab the demo speakers from you then. Sorry for my delay and insolence.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2007
    Options
    The alpha's are sold. Bring cash to take the AR's home with you also and your impotence will be forgiven.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Impotence can be forgiven, but never forgotten. I'll give you a holler tomorrow to pick up the 30's and nothing more. My 800 sq foot apartment looks like an audio trade show; I bring home anything more than the 30's, and I won't have enough room to masticate in peace.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Russ,

Do you have pics and dimensions of the ARs?

Thanks,
    Michael
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2007
    Options
    18" high, 10.5" wide, 11" deep - pics added above. They are big shelf speakers, those tiles on the fireplace are 12"x12".

There are a couple spots I'll touch up - the flash made them really jump out (and look a lot worse). The finish is really nice, good deep red with black tones and accents in the grain.

I'll get the NHT pics up tomorrow, I'm taking a night off to watch the game.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • tlarwa
    tlarwa Posts: 30
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Russ,

What version are these? Any issues, cosmetically or functionally? I have a pair of Superones I was planning to use as the front stage, but these would work well there and the Superones could go in the rear. Any idea how the timbre of these two series' match up? Also, what's the center speaker that matches these?

If they are still available, can you tell me your price, shipped to 53147? I'd like some pictures, too, if you have them. Please e-mail them to tomlarwa at gmail dot com.

Thanks!

Tom
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Russ, I'll try to stop by your house soon if you're going to be home this weekend.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Are the AR's still up for grabs?
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2007
    Options
    The AR's are *gone*.

Sami, all that's left is the NHT - if you want a local deal, tell me asap as they are up on ebay. I've got a great Signet powered sub also we can deal on that is also up on the bay.

Tom, the NHT speakers are up on ebay, item 110207856060.