Avia DVD

I used the test tones on my system to setup levels with a SPL meter. My system 1 sounded good, system 2 very weak in bass (Onkyo issue, i'm told).
I then used the THX setup on Monsters inc, my sound levels were pretty far off. It sounded better afterward, but the THX says it is not to be used for setting speaker levels. I going to get either the Avia setup disc or the Sound and Vision one. Does anyone have experience with either? Is the Avia worth the extra money?
Post edited by dbournival on

Comments

• ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited February 2003
    i used avia and i will give a defininte thumbs up. well worth the money..the video stuff on there is good too
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • kberg
    kberg Posts: 974
    edited February 2003
    I have the S&V disc and it is also VERY good. It includes calibration for both DD and DTS 6.1, contains demos for both, and is fairly comprehensive in scope. All in all, a great buy, I think. For only $18 at Best Buy, you can't go wrong.
    Mains: polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired)
    Center: polkaudio CSi40 (bi-wired)
    Surrounds: polkaudio FXi30's
    Rear Center: polkaudio CSi30
    Sub: SVS 20-39 PC+
    Receiver: ONKYO TX-SR600
    Display: JVC HD-56G786
    DVD Player: SONY DVP-CX985V
    DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
    Remote: Logitech Harmony H688
  • dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited March 2003
    I ordered and used the AVIA disc and was pleased with it. As to the s&v disc I looked at it at my local Best Buy and it was $50 and came with 6 mo. online assistence with speaker placement. I'm sure they will both do a good job I just chose AVIA because that's what the hi-fedelty store used for their set-ups.

Good luck

Dave