"I've gone Retro" or "My New Toy"

Options
Frank Z
Frank Z Posts: 5,860
edited February 2003 in Electronics
I picked up a MusicHall MMF 2.1 turntable yesterday and spent the evening listening to some great albums with the wife and kids. We had a blast!! My kids had never seen a record album before and were amazed that there was really music on them! Some of the albums were truly unbearable (OOLLDDD Elvis Presley, and such), but some of the others were very clean. I need to tweek the tone arm somemore to track a little better but I'm looking forward to another listening session with the family! my kids really got a kick out of watching my wife and I going through the albums and talking about the "Good Ol' Days," I don't get to hear them laugh that hard as often as I would like!

Now I've got to start looking around for a few places that sell vinyl!

I haven't had time to take any pics yet, but here's a link if you are interested in the turntable spec's.
http://www.musichallaudio.com/products/products.asp?lookup=mmf%202.1
9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
Post edited by Frank Z on

Comments

• mangata572
    mangata572 Posts: 52
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Another ‘retro’ they might enjoy is open reel to reel tape. I loved watching those reels going around when I was young. Wish I still had my player from high school.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited February 2003
    Options
    I've passed up a few reel to reel players. I've only got so much room!!
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited February 2003
    Options
    I just sold my Technics SL1200 MKII deck. Just didn't have the room for it, and I was out of the DJ scene now.

Great unit though, loved that thing.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Steve,
    I still have one of those....One of the best direct-drive built table that Technics still producing till now (for the past 15+ years). I am thinking of replacing the "build-in" rca i/c and get a decent stylus (had one of those audio technica) What did you do with your lp collections?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Check out http://www.hmv.com they have a vinyl section. A whole wack of Elvis, if you like.

Derick.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.