A/V receiver's for music and movies??

mantis
mantis Posts: 17,032
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
OK,
here's something that I've been kickin around.I have been demo ing all receiver's over 3 grand,top of the line.My question is would you/can you domusic and movies from the same receiver or is seperates he only way to go for music.When you demo receiver's,do you listen to music or movies.
I tested today the Denonavr5800 vs the Integra 9.1 for just music.And the denon sounded so mush better.I didn't feel a movie demo was in the work's because of the big difference in sound quality.I couldn't believe the difference as I heard both receiver's at different times but not in the same room until today.I really thought the Integra was going to win hands down but I was wrong.
Dan
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited November 2001
    i agree with you on the integra i test drove that reciever also,just another cheap onkyo in drag! don't forget to try the yamaha's
    the rx-v1 sounds real nice,there seams to be alot of denon jocking going around when they are just a above average reciever.

scott:cool:
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited November 2001
    I tried out the rxv1, for movies it's killer great attack and drive.Clean sound with lots of power.BUt.......music sounded overdriven,unnatural midrange was forced out.I didn't like it for music.I perfer the Denon 5800 and the B&Kavr307 so far.
    Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.