SDA 2B speakers

Options
bobrace
bobrace Posts: 1
edited November 2001 in Technical/Setup
We have a set of SDA 2B speakers. We want to keep them hooked up to our McIntosh amp and pre-amp. We are also going to buy one of the new 5.1 or better amp. We would like to keep our SDA-2B speakers as the front speakers.

1. I would like suggestions as to the center speaker, and surround speakers (rear speakers).

2. Do we need a seperate sub woofer like the systems using the more recent speakers like in the surround sound systems?

3. Any suggestions on how to wire such a system?

4. If possible, I would really like to stay in the SDA speakers.

5. What is the difference between the MW6511 (stereo) and the MW6510 (dimensional).

6. I purchased my speakers new in 1988, and I have noticed speakers for sale in this series in the Polk Club. Could you please send me the dimensions of the speakers, drivers compliment and ect. that correspond to the different SDA speakers.

7. Is there anyway to upgrade or enhance my present speakers to the bigger SDA's?

Thanks for you help,

Bobrace
genacct@execpc.com
Post edited by bobrace on

Comments

• wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited November 2001
    Options
    i will answer what i can i use mine sda 2b's with the cs400i i think it is a perfect fit. i also have fx500i as my surronds. i do not use a sub with mine and the more i think about i might not need or want one with the bass responce that the 2b's put out.i have my wired from my amp via my recievers front channel preamp outputs.there are a lot of guys who use there sda speakers for 5.1 setup and they really like it.hope this helps

scott:cool:
  • axeman
    axeman Posts: 170
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Driver Compliments

That link will take you to all the SDA model driver compliment information. After that, Ken will be more than happy to take it from there should you require further assistance.

Keep on Rockin to the wonderful sounds of SDA!

Joe:p